Help with finding the right weatherstrips for double glazed windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
My daughter's flat has double glazed windows with no obvious manufacturer's name to be seen anywhere.

The windows allow draft in, and the managing agent has so far been useless (it's a block of flats, and the windows are part of the Landlord's demise).

Trying to find the correct type of weatherstrips... this is what the profile looks like:

Screenshot-20231021-133907-Paint.jpg

Will also try and post an actual photo later.

Anyone seen this type of rubber seal before? Or can help identify the manufacturer? I have scrolled through many Google pages but can't find anything that looks similar... thanks.

I assume it’s the gasket on the opening sashes? They do compress over time. Replacing them is easy so long as the gasket isn’t fused into the profile during manufacturing.

Post up some photos MJ. 👍

I assume it’s the gasket on the opening sashes? They do compress over time. Replacing them is easy so long as the gasket isn’t fused into the profile during manufacturing.

Post up some photos MJ. 👍

Screenshot-20231021-141418-Whats-App.jpg

Screenshot-20231021-141544-Whats-App.jpg

Great news that the gasket can be removed. 👌

If you search ‘Gasket Sample pack Upvc windows doors’ into eBay you’ll see a fair few variants in the results. Order a few different packs and see which one sits in the channel nicely.

Looks like you’ll struggle to get the exact match but so long as it’s similar projection from the profile it will make a nice seal.

Don’t take a gamble. Go for the samples for the few quid they are.

Soak it a bowl of hot soapy water and they’ll be easier to locate into the channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom