How do you connect pre-outs to the factory headunit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dappz

Car
w204 c220 cdi
I'm wanting to install my sub-woofer and amplifier that I have laying about in my garage but how would i connect the pre-out cable and remote wire to the standard factory headunit?

Thanks

You can use a simple high to low level converter but the headunit output is equalised and flat. If you just want to add a sub install a MTX REQ the 3chn version to restore bass. There are other device like the JL cleansweep, Audison BitOne but they are alot more expensive and overkill for what you require.

re-Q - Take control of your factory stereo!

I have the Re-Q 5 sitting in my garage to be installed at some point, far the easiest option on a modern benz.

Yes definately. Also if you dont want to cut / splice into the original car harness what I have done is bought the Parrot lead for my car so all the connections can be made to the Parrot loom instead of the original car loom. Parrot loom basically acts as a Quadlock loom extension. You can buy ready made ISO extension looms but no one makes ready made Quadlock extension looms.

You can find out which loom your car needs at: http://www.celsusice.co.uk/ but for any car with Quadlock (with no seperate AGW) it will be: Parrot lead Mercedes Audio 20 Quadlock

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom