How much is my high mileage W211 E270cdi worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mafya

Car
mercedes e270cdi w211
Hi there, I have decided to sell my pride and joy Merc due to another child on the way and buying a shop.
It is a 2003 (53 plate) 2.7 diesel Elegance model in Tealite blue with full grey non heated but electric leather, Audio 20 cd with 6disc in dash changer and 18inch Alloys with fancy twin exhaust pipes at the back.
It has tax till June 13 and test till Aug 13, the mileage is 161k with full service history part mercedes and rest indepependant and today It has gone in for a service as it was due an oil service (C service) but is getting a full service at the garage I have used for the last 8 years.
I am the 3rd owner and have had the car for 22mths, the mileage can be verified on vosa site and about a year ago I had the top end replaced due to a cracked head.
The car has had the following replaced=
New SBC unit in January 2012 at Europa Mercedes
Replacement head (mercedes gasket and nuts) at 147k
Recon injectors at 147k
New mercedes glow plugs at 144
New mercedes thermostat at 144k
Recon turbo at time of cylinder head replacement at 144k
New starter motor and gearbox oil and filter changed at Europa Mercedes at 144k
New Bosche silverline leisure battery at 144k
All 4 new Kormoran (Made by michalin tyres) sport tyres at 157k
New front springs from JCT Mercedes sheffield at 158k
New door mechanism from JCT Sheffield at 157k
The car runs like an E270 should and stands me at £6000 for the car and over £4000 on repairs but this shows it is a cherished car.
The leather has no rips or tears and the interior is very clean.
What do you think it is worth as I'm finding it hard to come up with a price but obviously want the most I can get.
It is getting serviced in the morning and than put on here and on Ebay but I would like to get some opinions on what price I should ask for it.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Attachments

• Sheffield-20110512-00009.jpg
    Sheffield-20110512-00009.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Sheffield-20110512-00010.jpg
    Sheffield-20110512-00010.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Sheffield-20111207-00162.jpg
    Sheffield-20111207-00162.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Look on autotrader.

You have done what needs doing to keep it running correctly, which is a bonus.

You say it owes you £6000?
How?
You bought it 2 years ago yeah? For how much?

At the end of the day, what you paid and what you have needed to spend keeping it as it should be has no relevance on value at all.

I would say a nice condition 53 plate with 161,000 miles on it will get around £3-4k, depending if someone looks at that list and thinks "Wow, most of the things that go wrong have been done already." or "Wow, that car looks nothing but trouble, no wonder he is getting out of it.".

Look on autotrader.

You have done what needs doing to keep it running correctly, which is a bonus.

You say it owes you £6000?
How?
You bought it 2 years ago yeah? For how much?

At the end of the day, what you paid and what you have needed to spend keeping it as it should be has no relevance on value at all.

I would say a nice condition 53 plate with 161,000 miles on it will get around £3-4k, depending if someone looks at that list and thinks "Wow, most of the things that go wrong have been done already." or "Wow, that car looks nothing but trouble, no wonder he is getting out of it.".

I know I will never get back what I paid for it or the maintenance and I think that is why I couldnt put a value on it.
The car has been trouble free since the head replacement job which was in Aug 2011 I think.
A few of my friends have said between £3.5- £4k so somewhere between that figure I guess.
Will most likely end up on ebay under best offer.
Thanks anyway.

Sometimes a car is worth far more to us, than to anyone else.

I have a 51 plate C220cdi estate, only asking £2k for it and no problem selling it, but being realistic it is worth 3x that to me, so why am I selling it? I'm really not sure.

Whose attached the boot with Halfords badges? They've got to be devaluing it.

I'd have thought a bit (but not much!) more then £4k

You need to forget what it owes you (although if it were me I would never forget or forgive that lot!) and look at what people will pay.

Whose attached the boot with Halfords badges? They've got to be devaluing it.

I'd have thought a bit (but not much!) more then £4k

You need to forget what it owes you (although if it were me I would never forget or forgive that lot!) and look at what people will pay.

The boot badges have long gone as they were on when I bought the car. lol
I have listed it on Ebay with a BIN of £4000 or nearest offer so will see how it goes.
Here it is= 2003 MERCEDES E270 CDI ELEGANCE AUTO BLUE FULL LEATHER & FSH | eBay

Use the glasses guide online as well as autotrader

Auto trader helps as you can look at similar cars and glasses guide gives u the book price depending on condition. U can spend a couple of quid adjusting for mileage options and condition online too. I've generally managed to get what I advertise for based on that.

Its a nice motor car, but as I discovered when selling on mine, the fact it had gone through loads of repairs made no difference to the PX value.

Why not keep it ? I know you're buying a shop etc. but presumably you'll still need a vehicle. Seems to me it's worth far more to you than what you're likely to get for it.

Why not keep it ? I know you're buying a shop etc. but presumably you'll still need a vehicle. Seems to me it's worth far more to you than what you're likely to get for it.

I have a van I use for my work and use of other family cars, I can't justify keeping it as I only drive it occasionally and the money is needed elsewhere.
If I could keep it I would.

Its a nice motor car, but as I discovered when selling on mine, the fact it had gone through loads of repairs made no difference to the PX value.

Don't I know it, it's up for £4000 or best offer so will see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom