I loved my Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bacchus

Car
c class
i did honestly....a 57 plate C220 cdi......the first MB i ever owned.good mpg good performance. ok not as good as the latter C220 with twin turbo and blue efficiency (after the injector issues). However this was a car i cherished. it did everything i wanted it to. it failed earlier this year with steering lock which cost me 500 quid.Whilst the Merc was off the road i rented an A5. it was ok. a little sluggish (2.0 tdi) but ok to drive. I didn't want one though.

Then i test drove a 13 plate BMW 320d. i bought it.

i felt disloyal to the MB brand i had so enjoyed being part of. it sounds stupid because it is. However the BMW is so good to drive. The tech is good. the MPG is good. The performance is great.

these are private purchases not company cars. I am so impressed with the BMW this is probably the wrong forum and i am wrong to compare a 57 plate C class with a 13 plate BMW. but, i loved my merc and i am sure i will be switching between the two marquees over the next xx years.

the point is i was 100% mercedes even though i had only owned one. Yet by chance i drove the 320d and i was sold, even though i could not really afford it i pushed the boat out and the vehicle is sublime. i don't want to be a BM or MB person i think both have superb cars. My plan was for me to upgrade to the W205 when i could afford it but with it being new and the fact i had a car allowance and the MB had 85k and 6 years old i traded it.
With the W205 being new the costs were too high so i looked elsewhere.

i am not sure what i am trying to say apart from the fact i love my mercedes and now i love the bmw.

apologies for the waffle

I used to like BMW too.

Then I grew up.

Whatever - just enjoy the new car :thumb:

I used to like Mercedes too.

Then I realised I'm not old.

Yep - enjoy the car, they are great. As for comparing 57 to a 13, you can and should compare what you had before with you have now, it's what justifies the extra spend.

Get a w205 different class than BMW !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom