I ordered a new c class estate yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
or a double bluff? My c250 was already missing the 250 but I wouldn't now re-add it as I like the look of it

Mine has the 250d badge and am happy it being there. I wouldn't mind if it had 220d either. I like a badge. Looking forward to my birthday :bannana:

Actually I have ordered the C200 2 litre petrol and must admit I would prefer it to have a different badge that the C200 1.6 litre diesel.

It was a tough call on the interior colour. The beige option is almost all beige apart from the black carpets. If the grey was almost all grey that might have swung it. Funny thing is that in some overseas markets this all grey option is available.

I was also worried about selling the car on as almost all C-Classes have black interiors so must be the preferred option with most people.

I made the mistake of buying a black C Class with all black interior and no sunroof . After a while I realised that with the black cramped and sombre interior and huge A pillars that could hide whole cars approaching at junctions , the C probably stands for claustrophobia class .

I ordered my C200 petrol saloon on May 7th for an October delivery.

If you wanted even a space saver tyre there is nowhere to store it unless you keep it loose in the boot. I have had a few flat tyes over the years so I know this is storing up trouble.

I had ordered a grey interior but the grey just covered the seat fronts and the top half of the door cards. The back of the seats were black as was the rest of the car so after a month of thinking about it I have changed the order to black as I think it looks odd.

The reason for grey in the first place is that I can remember having black vinyl seats like what is in this car without the real leather option. In those days cloth was considered posh and was an optional extra. Unless I covered the seats in a towel they were too hot to sit on when returning to the car on a hot sunny day. I wonder if things have changed?

I wouldn't have a car without a proper spare wheel , and certainly wouldn't consider one with nowhere to store it . First thing I did with my C270 was to bin the space saver and get a proper spare . Suppose you have a puncture with a full load of passengers and luggage - just where do they expect you to put the ( possibly wet and dirty ) flat ? :fail

Re the upholstery , MB Tex is one of the best materials ever . Had it in my Ponton , Fintail , W115 : no wear ever and lasts for decades .

For comfort , velour is best , but least durable . Leather is a fair compromise but needs looked after and leather in newer cars seems to be of very poor quality .

As you have admitted if you have it de-badged people will know it isn't a C250 otherwise you would have left it on.

I might ask the dealer to add a C250 badge then...do you think they will? Better still, I'll ask them to add a C63 badge, as long as I never start the car no-one will know. Will be a nice low miler when I move it on. :crazy:

I might ask the dealer to add a C250 badge then...do you think they will? Better still, I'll ask them to add a C63 badge, as long as I never start the car no-one will know. Will be a nice low miler when I move it on. :crazy:

Go all out and just have 'awesome' written on the back.

Mine will be here soon. Having seen the that the only badge on the boot will be C220d
I'm thinking about having it de-badged by the dealer.
Any opinions please?

Although it could be seen as being 'a bit chavy' to de-badge it Eddie I do really like the look of the clean deck on the Mercedes Config tool. I think I will ask for mine to be de-badged. My deliver is not due until September so I'll wait until closer to the time and then contact the dealer.

I might be asking for a barrage of insults here - but does anyone else miss the 3D 3 pointed star on the bonnet? I loved those as a nipper (and the leaping cat on Jags) and would really love to see one on the end of the bonnet when cruising around. :dk:

I don't miss it. A friend of mine had the same car as mine last year but with the stick up star. I much prefer the flat look without. No good for tying wedding ribbon to though

I too have ordered a C220 and am thinking about asking for it to be de-badged. This is clearly shallow - but if I had ordered a C250 I would want to keep the badge no doubt! Will the rear end look bare without it though?!

I think getting an ageless numberplate is better than removing the badge after a year. Even someone who is not car savvy will know you are driving a car that is not new when 15 becomes 16.

I like the clean rear end personally Eddie - the car has a lot of chrome anyway (maybe too much) so I don't think the car will miss the extra 'jewellery'. Let us know what you end up doing and host a pic...the proof will be in the pudding. If you ask for it de-badged and then you think you're missing something...pick one up and add it back on!

I think getting an ageless numberplate is better than removing the badge after a year. Even someone who is not car savvy will know you are driving a car that is not new when 15 becomes 16.

I don't look at , and take no notice of , number plates ; most people who have no interest in cars won't look or care either .

I take notice of nice classic cars , like the beautiful white Pagoda which was driving topless down University Avenue in Glasgow today , the driver exchanged waves as I passed the other way in my R129 , also topless , but I don't take any notice of any 'moderns' which pass constantly , regardless of number plates , badges or whatever : they are all the same .

I also saw a gent with a tidy Rover SD1 today . The unusual stands out .

Just been informed by Brendan at Esplanade (IOW supplying Dealership)
That my car will be here very soon and pdi'd etc this weekend and I can have it Monday or Tuesday. Yippee

Hi James, still not decided yet, I'm waiting to see it first, the dealer said it only takes 10 minutes to remove. I will decide once it arrives.

Went to a classic car show today in Lichfield, Staffordshire...some nice old metal and some nice new metal. The Merc stand had a C220 saloon in AMG trim with 19's, Premium Plus pack and the wood trim...in white. Now I'd not actually seen the wood trim before, only the shiny piano black, but I really liked it. I have not specced wood but am wondering if I have made a mistake. Any views?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom