**ICE set up for G Wagon SWB**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SHAKTER

Car
W124 320TE, W124 300CE, W124 E36 AMG, W210 E240 V6, G Wagon
Hi all,

Looking for advice on easiest/most effective ice set up for a SWB G Wagon. Looking for ideas on best places to install a 12" sub. The car already has a pair of 6x9's just below the rear passenger windows.

Thanks!

Does it have a parcel shelf?

My W211 has a metal shelf with a sort of cut out for the stock sub and so I installed my own 10". Took a while mind but worth it.

No. No parcel shelf!

I would have thought the best place will be a custom box behind the rear seats.

Edit - what about a 10 inch in the roof in the cargo area?

Thanks guys. I think I will have to investigate this further. I don't want to overly compromise the boot space. I was potentially thinking under one of the seats?

When I owned a G, I had some great speakers in the inner lining either side of the rear door. They were not fitted by me so coudn't tell you exactly what they were, but from memory either side had a 6" round speaker and something like a 9x6. There was also the usuall front speakers, and driving 4x50watts rms gave a great sound both inside and outside the car:D

Smallest decent sub box will measure 10" cubed. If you can squeeze that under the front or rear seats then you're onto a winner. Amps can be made to fit anywhere.

Thanks for the responses guys

I'll have a look tomorrow in the LWB, what year is yours? The seats changed at least 3 times that i know of over the years. The earliest ones sit on box frames that should be do-able.

V12 said:
I'll have a look tomorrow in the LWB, what year is yours? The seats changed at least 3 times that i know of over the years. The earliest ones sit on box frames that should be do-able.

Thanks! Mine is a 1993 SWB.

Thanks Jay. What ICE set up do you have?

It was done long before I had it... basically there are two subs under the rear seats, there are two amps under there too. But the back of my car has been modified with two single Recaro Seats...

Speakers everywhere, two in back, two in front, tweeters on dash... And I use a Becker Head Unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom