Idiot guide to Comand 2.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

claggy001

Car
W209 CLK320 Elegance
Evening all,
Is there an idiot guide to setting routes in the navigation function of Comand 2.0?
I've spent about half an hour trying to set up a route from home to the NEC for the Classic Car Show this weekend - most of that was spent actually putting in the location, that's now in, but I can't see how I start navigating or whatever it's called. Wouldn't be that bothered except I always end up heading the wrong way when I leave the NEC! A decent 1 inch map would be the ideal answer :)

Idiots Guide to Comand

Step 1. Put key in ignition and turn...

Much easier to use the voice function.
In nav mode press the 'handset lift' button on the steering wheel and speak your destination.

Step 1. Put key in ignition and turn...

I did input the route with the ignition in position 1. Have read the instructions again, (which aren't great as, for some reason, some pages are in French), but cannot see any calculate route option or button on my Comand unit. Am I missing something? Do I need to start the engine before it will set the route?

OK, have now got to the point where I can input a destination and save it so I can see it like this:
attachment.php

(not my photo, but you get the general idea)
If I click on one of the destinations I am returned to the NAVI Destn Entry main screen with a 'route guidance' option, but I've tried a short click and a 'click & hold' on this option neither of which do anything.
Page 199 of the Comand manual talks about selecting 'calculating mode' but I don't see this anywhere. What am I doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom