Insurance company for modified car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickjonesn4

Car
E55K AMG Wagon, Porsche 993 C2S, Polestar 2
Has anyone got any good options. Ours looks expensive

All mine are modified and on a Multi car policy with Admiral with very little loading of premiums

Mercedes Benz insurance - no additional premium for either map or exhaust mods on my CLS63.

Interestingly they were also the best value when I insured the M5 and similarly didn't raise the premium when I added both the map and exhaust changes.

I find sky very good.

Footman james - Classic car policy. All mods added to policy!

Be very careful you get documented evidence acknowledging of any modifications you have declared. Just in case the broker doesn't declare them with the underwriter.

Not unheard of to have hassle in a claim, rare but not unheard of.

Danaf, you may want to say who you work for (provided you are allowed to under the forum rules of course).

Other ones I have used in the past are Chris Knott, A-Plan, Greenlight, Brentacre and HIC (now owned by Adrian Flux so less likely to use them in the future).

Last edited:
Privilege are worth a call for modified cars.

Until you go over what they deem and acceptable increase in performance. :mad:

I was with them for a good few years though they recently told me that they would no longer insure anything with over a 20% increase in power. No idea when this started, or how they reached that figure, but they were adamant about it so I had to shop round. The guy I was on the phone to suggested a few companies, though after trying several, including some of the ones mentioned above, I ended up with A Plan, who gave me an excellent deal. So much so that I ended up paying less than I was, and I can basically do what I like with the car now as the policy states "increase of 26%+". The plus sign matters. :cool:

All mods are printed on the forms they sent me and, incidentally, it turns out I was insured with them before, albeit some years ago, when I had my E55, so they still had my details which saved a bit of time.

I was with A Flux, until they wanted over £1400 GBP to insure my CL55 that is.

Admiral were a tad over £600.

I was with them for a good few years though they recently told me that they would no longer insure anything with over a 20% increase in power. No idea when this started, or how they reached that figure, but they were adamant about it so I had to shop round. The guy I was on the phone to suggested a few companies, though after trying several, including some of the ones mentioned above, I ended up with A Plan, who gave me an excellent deal. So much so that I ended up paying less than I was, and I can basically do what I like with the car now as the policy states "increase of 26%+". The plus sign matters. :cool:

All mods are printed on the forms they sent me and, incidentally, it turns out I was insured with them before, albeit some years ago, when I had my E55, so they still had my details which saved a bit of time.

You not with Saga Dave? :D

All mine are modified and on a Multi car policy with Admiral with very little loading of premiums

I just used one of the price comparison websites - they all allow you to enter mods. now. Admiral came up cheapest for my SL.

Dave

Thankyou for the recommendation to A Plan. Just saved us over £200 after all the mods! Nice one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom