Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markouk

Chaps,

What insurance companies are you with?

I'm thinking it might be worth me getting with a company that will be lenient on kids.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Aviva. Very good price for mine and Mrs. MJ's cars.

But adding our kids would have cost a fortune....

Said that, not sure if other insurers would have been cheaper.

Insuring kids can be woeful on anything other than the lowest insurance group car and potentially with telemetrics installed.

My 20yr old recently passed her test. 4K to put her on my W204 for the remaining 6 months of the policy. (Was never going to happen btw - just showing her high insurance cars are beyond her).

Cheapest she could get was about 3K on her own with low insurance-group car.

However, if on the same search (through the compare sites) I added myself and my wife as "named" drivers keeping my daughter as the main driver the same policies from the same companies came in about 1.4K. So just by adding additional drivers it made a huge difference.

Multi car is the only way to go. I don't personally have it but a mate at work does he has his, wife's, son and two daughters on it, the daughters started with the 7 year old Fiestas cost was £6-700 each the son stated with a 1.6 focus and he's was £1100 all yes did have black boxes to start off with but now they don't

So, I have to apologise for predictive text as I meant to type "lenient on mods".

It only just hit me as I was wondering why you were all replying with discussion on putting kids on your insurance lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom