Iridium Silver v Palladium Silver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SammyC

Car
VW Golf
So which one is nicer in your opinion?

On C Class Coupe.

:bannana:

Both suit the car. Palladium gives slightly more substantial/heavy look to the car due to the greater colour depth. Where I would go for the " lighter look" of Iridium is with the optional panoramic sunroof option which gives a large part of the roof a black appearance. If fitted the lighter Iridium balances up the overall colour aspect of the car better imho.

ps have a look at the numerous examples listed on the Mercedes used car listings but beware! some of the images are very poor or have weird colour balance. Best examples are taken outside in reasonable lighting conditions.

Last edited:
I personally prefer Palladium.

Thanks for the replies.

I won't be getting a panoramic roof. I have been looking on Auto trader for various pics but sometimes you don't get the true image.

Is this Palladium in the video?

?Impressions? - Video - Mercedes-Benz.com

Palladium for me too.

I think that is Palladium in the video, it has deep almost almagum/mercury like colour to it.

Palladium for me, but then again I would say that :thumb:

Thanks for the replies.

Is this Palladium in the video?

?Impressions? - Video - Mercedes-Benz.com
YUP = NICE! No panoramic sunroof I would go Palladium. Only time Iridium trumps it is in low ambient light where Palladium can look a little flat especially if not clean. However under showroom lights and clean Palladium is stunning!:thumb:

Last edited:
I was thinking of a palladium Coupe myself, but having been back to have a look at some example, on dull day like today it does look very flat, so am now leaning towards tenorite or back to white even (need to make my mind up this week).

Iridium for me, the palladium can look grey, especially when not spotlessly clean.

Palladium is silver grey, I went Palladium and pretty pleased with it on the E Estate.

Stays looking clean for a very long time.

gIzzE said:
Palladium is silver grey, I went Palladium and pretty pleased with it on the E Estate.

Stays looking clean for a very long time.

Another Palladium E Estate here, I think it's a great combo! And stands out from the fleets of black and silver Es.

Matt

Palladium has more depth and colour.

iridium is too bright

I've got cubanite silver on my C Class - its a nice goldish/beige tinge to the silver. Don't think they do it any more

Does anyone have an decent pics of their MBs in Palladium or Iridium?

SammyC said:
Does anyone have an decent pics of their MBs in Palladium or Iridium?

I don't like silver, but bought my E500 as a bargain, and it came in iridium, which I now prefer to other silvers. Can't picture palladium at the mo.

Roofbox.jpg

here you go

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 182
this is palladium silver

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread