Is this lorry driver a bully or intoxicated?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's something that doesn't add up in that footage.

The lorry driver is clearly in the wrong, but there is a section of the video where the truck is coming across into the middle lane and there is nothing on the inside lane yet it's ages before the car driver moves over (to where he should be anyway)!

Any sane normal level headed driver would have been over there like a shot as against a truck it could be very nasty.

My guess is he was trying to prove a point by then. He should have pulled the truck driver over and had a word with him ItalianTunedUp stylee ;)

Hey, don't give him ideas! ;)

Do we call him the lane HogFather? Should've made intrepid Matt an offer he couldn't refuse hehe :thumb:

Last edited:
nick mercedes said:

I live very near that roundabout, they've approached it from the Wellingborough/Sainsburys exit and headed round towards the Northampton turning (3rd exit)

The middle lane the dash cam driver is in, catches people (approaching from the Northampton exit to head straight on towards A14 direction on A45) off guard guaranteed every single time I'm there, it's a tad confusing as they forget to merge into the correct lane and end up back in the M1 lane and then swinging back over into the A45 lane at the last second, I'm surprised there hasn't been more accidents

But- from the direction this video is approached, the lanes are simple to read. The dash cam driver had plenty of opportunity to hang back or even pull ahead of the truck. Hope this video wasn't used to put blame on the HGV driver

I saw that page , it was also interesting that the BBC article described him as ' a former special constable ' and couldn't help wondering if he saw himself as some sort of self appointed traffic cop ?

That would explain him giving chase....

Idea for a Startup:

Dashcam jammer.

Any engineers out there...?

Idea for a Startup:

Dashcam jammer.

Any engineers out there...?

In the meantime a smoke launcher should do it :D

[YOUTUBE]CjlJi4l0cBs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dangerous and discourteous driving seems to be the norm these days and tbh after 32 years and several million miles of driving, motorcycling and cycling, the degree of 'Muppetry' on the roads fails to surprise me anymore but I have adopted the following rules:

1) At ALL times, treat other road users like axe wielding maniacs with a death wish and keep them at a safe distance.

2) Make the best (fastest where possible) progress you can do safely, given the prevailing traffic/weather conditions.

3) If you succumb to Road Rage remember that Right and Might are not always equal and the 6' 4" gorilla that just climbed out of the Nissan Micra may disagree with your view of events.

3) Follow the Highway code, as much as is practicable (but bear in mind that 80% of motorists are not skilled, courteous, knowledgeable and thoroughly decent Mercedes drivers like you) ;)

5) When in doubt, see point 1) again.

:)

Ex-Home Pride? Didn't use his "loaf" this time...

I'll get my coat... TAXI! :D

Dangerous and discourteous driving seems to be the norm these days and tbh after 32 years and several million miles of driving, motorcycling and cycling, the degree of 'Muppetry' on the roads fails to surprise me anymore but I have adopted the following rules:

1) At ALL times, treat other road users like axe wielding maniacs with a death wish and keep them at a safe distance.

2) Make the best (fastest where possible) progress you can do safely, given the prevailing traffic/weather conditions.

3) If you succumb to Road Rage remember that Right and Might are not always equal and the 6' 4" gorilla that just climbed out of the Nissan Micra may disagree with your view of events.

3) Follow the Highway code, as much as is practicable (but bear in mind that 80% of motorists are not skilled, courteous, knowledgeable and thoroughly decent Mercedes drivers like you) ;)

5) When in doubt, see point 1) again.

:)

Good post, but plenty of tools in Mercs out there too! Usually in the cooking models, not AMGs of course :D

sorry mate your talking a lot of crap most lorry drivers would help rather than hinder people maybe you need to be honest with yourself as to why you dont like lorry drivers

On a slightly separate note, have you had a look at the prices of the cameras that he sells on his website?

Dash Cam and In Car Camera Shop

Of course, we live in a free market society, but I am equally free to say that those prices are outrageous!

On a slightly separate note, have you had a look at the prices of the cameras that he sells on his website?

Dash Cam and In Car Camera Shop

Of course, we live in a free market society, but I am equally free to say that those prices are outrageous!

Agreed there is one on there at £199 that is £49 on eBay but his have been tried and tested lol

Agreed there is one on there at £199 that is £49 on eBay but his have been tried and tested lol

Yes...and have you noticed that he added adjectives such as "Professional", "Ultra", "Superior" and "Ultimate" to the standard names of some of the most expensive cameras?
What a joke :ban:

Yes...and have you noticed that he added adjectives such as "Professional", "Ultra", "Superior" and "Ultimate" to the standard names of some of the most expensive cameras?
What a joke :ban:

And superlative superlatives like "very unique" and "most unique". It's hard to be more unique than unique!

Who writes this nonsense?

Who writes this nonsense?

Stockdale quits police race to focus on space threat - Northampton Chronicle and Echo

"An independent candidate has pulled out of the race to become Police & Crime Commissioner and will instead concentrate his efforts on promoting the dangers of “space weather”.

Millionaire businessman Matt Stockdale today revealed on his website how he has withdrawn from the police race in Northamptonshire and now plans to “lift the lid on a real threat to our country”."

Car in the middle lane, not overtaking anything forcing the lorry to go into the outside lane. From what we can see in this clip the car is driving like a tool and he even sounds wet and playing the victim on the phone. He had plenty of opportunity to follow from a safe distance. If that's just what we've seen, I'd like to see the whole event from start to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom