• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Is this old hat?

Silvertank

I usually surf for W124 on ebay as a search item and drift through the couple of pages. It has the usual stuff on there, but occasionally a gem appears.

By mistake the other day I went to ebay.com instead of ebay.co.uk and there were tonnes of pages on W124! As long as you can afford the wait and pay slightly higher postage costs you might find a bargain or two.

Sorry if this is old hat, but thought I'd share anyway.

Regards

Tank

ebay.com is America, didnt you notice the locations? :)

try ebay.de for billions of Merc items that you never seen over here

KillerHERTZ said:

That's why I mentioned the higher postage costs and delivery times - I thought it was obvious I was talking about America :rolleyes:

Good call on the .de though, just a small matter of the language barrier.;)

Silvertank said:

I use ebay.de quite a bit. You'd be surprised how much of the german you can pick up / de-cipher :)

I quite often search within car parts for W203, W220, W163, W209 etc...

Some useful words...

Alufelgen - Alloy wheels
Lenkrad - Steering Wheel
Leder - Leather
Heckspoiler - Rear spoiler (Heck is just rear)
Links - Left
Rechts - Right

I use Google Language tools quite a bit. There are loads more parts out there, payment can be an issue though. Many German ebayers don't take PayPal :(

A-AvantGarde said:
I use ebay.de quite a bit. You'd be surprised how much of the german you can pick up / de-cipher :)

I quite often search within car parts for W203, W220, W163, W209 etc...

Some useful words...

Alufelgen - Alloy wheels
Lenkrad - Steering Wheel
Leder - Leather
Heckspoiler - Rear spoiler (Heck is just rear)
Links - Left
Rechts - Right

I use Google Language tools quite a bit. There are loads more parts out there, payment can be an issue though. Many German ebayers don't take PayPal :(

Brilliant - thanks

yes i have bought many Merc (and BMW) items from german ebay. Like you say, most sellers dont like paypal.

Therefore you need to pay them via International Bank Transfer. Usually costs around £15 to do the transfer but seems pretty painless once u get all the IBAN codes etc to pay

Silvertank said:
Hi Silvertank,
This forum is an excellent source for getting the answers to just about anything. I once bought an item from Germany and a member of this forum very kindly helped with the translation.

Hopefully I was not set-up, I have visions of perhaps saying they had the face of a buffalo's backside!!!! :) :) :) but the purchase was straight forward and painless.

John

Ebay.de

KillerHERTZ said:

I use ebay.de a lot too as we live next door to Germany. Advantage over .com is no taxes either.
If you need to translate go to Babel Fish translation at altavisita but you will find some of the bigger sellers can probably speak English - it's all business.

Ausfahrt - exit
Heidenfahrt - a Service station (Rastatte) on the autobahn between Mainz and Koblenz but I am thinking of starting anew game around the name.
Junck - a VW dealer in Trier.

Auspuff is my fave so far. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom