1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

Just need some help on removing number plate on 2006 S Class

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xcapade, Jan 27, 2011.

1. xcapade

xcapade New Member

Car:
    currently looking for a CLS
    Hi, can someone please advise how I remove the number plate from the front of a 2006 S Class.

The numberplate sits inside a plastic frame on the front and rear bumper. The frame has little platic holders to keep the plate in place. I almost broke one trying to take numberplate out. Thought I had better ask here.

thank you for your time:dk:

2. GordonTarling

GordonTarling Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2005 E320 CDI Avantgarde Estate
    There are different types of numberplate holder around, so posting a picture may help a bit. However, on those I fitted to me last car, there was a little slot on the bottom lip - you slid a screwdriver or the little plastic tool provided down the front of the numberplate and into the slot, this then released the inner frame holding the plate.