• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

MB Loan Car

shazzya45

Car
Mercedes A45 AMG
My AMG is due a service very soon. Wanted to know if i would get anything other than a manual/auto bug standard A-Class that my local dealership gives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mention you're thinking of trading up and you never know they might push the boat out, I find its usually a sales person car they give you. I've had a top of the range C Class convertible and a fully fitted out C Class estate before.

From my experiences at MB Brooklands this year I have had

Smart
B Class
C Class Saloon
C Class Estate
And all base models with bugger all fuel in...

(All warranty work trips)

J

They used to give me a clapped out A class, in the mean time a mate at work takes his Lexus IS250 for service and they give him the RX400h

I've had an E63, DP's 730d and 650i but I've also had a C class estate, C Class vert etc

I remember the days when a loan car was called a courtesy car!

Mercedes say they will not hand out AMG vehicles as loan cars due to insurance reason. I did ask.. I asked for something other than an A-Class they hooked me up with a B-Class :wallbash:

When I owned a BMW and it went in for a service the loan car was always a series or two above my 3 series .
The last 4 services on my E350cdi Coupe the loan cars have always been A Class cars .

Whenever I sent my Porsche into the dealership for a service they always gave you a really nice upmarket model above the one you own. I think it was a very clever ploy, I didn't fall for it but my mate bought a Panamera Hybrid after getting one as a courtesy car

MB are pants for this - best I had from my local dealers were either the E220d (was really nice with the new digital screens) or C350e - which had epic off the line acceleration, but ended up leaving me stranded when it wouldn't turn on anymore at Co-op!

Audi on the other hand... S1, S3, TTRS, RS6 (let me have it over a week and put 1,000 miles plus on it) and an R8 V10 Plus.

Last edited:
I ask them to pick up and return my cars, I don't bother with loaners.

mercedes are pants when it comes to loan cars. mostly always an A-Class, however I have, once, had a new E220d with all the toys (which was very nice) and also very recently an A45 AMG, although this was 1 week after the purchase of my E63 which had a couple of issues to be rectified after collection.

Surely as a minimum AMG owners should get an A45 as their loan car, or even a C43?

mercedes are pants when it comes to loan cars. mostly always an A-Class, however I have, once, had a new E220d with all the toys (which was very nice) and also very recently an A45 AMG, although this was 1 week after the purchase of my E63 which had a couple of issues to be rectified after collection.

Surely as a minimum AMG owners should get an A45 as their loan car, or even a C43?

Definitely,

And a baseball cap, a keyring with an AMG coffee mug.

My last loaner was an A-class and I was disappointed in how cramped it was - my last time was in a mk.1 A-class and it was light and spacious. I am 6' 6" and looked like an elephant crammed into a dinky toy.

Brooklands gave me diesel A-class, horrible car. Epsom was a bit better: GLC diesel and then brand new B-class. Now I just walk 20 minutes or take a bus. I never took loan car from Audi, they offered me diesel A3 manual when servicing S8 and wanted me to pay for insurance.

I usually just wait for the car. I don't need a loaner anyway though I have been offered a couple over the years.

It used to irritate me that you can pay a premium for this but at least the car gets priority, probably to keep me away from their "free" coffee and biscuits. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom