Mercedes flamethrower mod on the boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brataccas

Car
HGV
Hello I filmed this footage few months back now, I captured a mercedes that sounds like a V8 and has a strange flamethrower on the boot, would anyone know such a mod like this is legal in UK? and what company does this or is it homemade? I filmed this in Scotland and have never seen anything like it on the roads, here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toa1FMAv3Xo

skip the video to 1:00 minute mark to get to the mercedes

cheers

Completely legal, to be encouraged and available at your local Halford's store...not.

You're seriously asking if a flame thrower coming out of the boot is legal?

Many, many years ago when we were into fast car magazine, max power etc one of my friends had this mod on his exhaust. All it is is unburnt fuel ignited, or there's something you can buy to mod the exhaust to do it. He had ten foot flames coming out of a L-reg red Astra, and would be the big hoo-hah at the weekend Santa pod events. Quite sad when you think back to it

never heard of this film or its existance, im always on the lookout for 80s movies with "that" vibe, I bought it off amazon thanks to you cheers

I think I know what you mean...
If you liked Walter Hill's The Warriors (1979), Escape from New York (1981) has exactly that "early 80s dark vibe"... plus a great soundtrack :thumb:

camerafodder said:
I prefer this more practical application :D

Perhaps if the flame thrower was pointing backwards it could act as as distance control device for when people are driving too close:)

camerafodder said:
I prefer this more practical application :D

Perhaps if the flame thrower was pointing backwards it could act as as distance control device for when people are driving too close:)

Probably it's only an urban legend, but a few years ago I heard that in South Africa flamethrowers were legally fitted on private cars as an anti-hijacking device. Is there any factual basis for that?

No urban legend plenty of people had these fitted in South Africa along with high voltage door handles to prevent car jacking . When you are down there they are proud of what they can do to protect themselves, property and cars. Some of the property defences are even more lethal than the flame thrower

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom