mercedes petrol can

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

833steven

Car
mercedes-benz 124 E 220 cabriolet
Mercedes Benz - original Bellino Göppingen spare jerry can 7 liters
The jerry thats designed to sit in the spare wheel dish its in good original used condition and is completely with spout all free to move and most important kept with fuel inside it .The seals are in good condition aswell
Intended for several types of Mercedes-Benz old timer since the 1970s and 1980s, an accessory that is part of the car and will give it added value. £225 Brixham

Attachments

• 20220926_103800.JPG
    20220926_103800.JPG
    604.9 KB · Views: 17
Ohhh, I see , the spare is upsidedown in the wheel well and the can sits inside the wheel.

Where do the tools go that are normally kept in the wheel space ? 🤔

Something you don't see very often! I spent an age looking for one of these for my C43 resto! Eventually tracked one down for considerably more than you have advertised yours for, and even though (I think I am right in saying) it is not period correct for y 99 plate C43, it is a nice thing to have in the wheel well!
GLWTS

I don't think it's a very practical solution, for the reasons stated above, but I'd give it 10 out of 10 for originality. If I had a Merc from the era, I would definitely want the genuine MB jerry can to go with it. Great collector's item, IMO.

Ohhh, I see , the spare is upsidedown in the wheel well and the can sits inside the wheel.

Where do the tools go that are normally kept in the wheel space ? 🤔
Cars of that era normally just have a roll up fabric tool roll and doesn't take up any room.

I don't think it's a very practical solution, for the reasons stated above, but I'd give it 10 out of 10 for originality. If I had a Merc from the era, I would definitely want the genuine MB jerry can to go with it. Great collector's item, IMO.
Quite the opposite, it was designed for that very purpose, otherwise it would be a strange shaped jerry can for no apparent reason.

Quite the opposite, it was designed for that very purpose, otherwise it would be a strange shaped jerry can for no apparent reason.

I meant that it wasn't practical because if you went on a long journey that justified carrying spare fuel, you'd probably also want the spare wheel. At this point it does not really matter which one sits in the spare wheel well and which one sits in the boot....

I meant that it wasn't practical because if you went on a long journey that justified carrying spare fuel, you'd probably also want the spare wheel. At this point it does not really matter which one sits in the spare wheel well and which one sits in the boot....
They both fit in the spare wheel well, the jerry can nestles in the spare wheel, held by the same fixing

Mercedes Benz - original Bellino Göppingen spare jerry can 7 liters
The jerry thats designed to sit in the spare wheel dish its in good original used condition and is completely with spout all free to move and most important kept with fuel inside it .The seals are in good condition aswell
Intended for several types of Mercedes-Benz old timer since the 1970s and 1980s, an accessory that is part of the car and will give it added value. £225 Brixham

as the spare wheel sits in the boot this sits in the dish of the spare wheel where the big space is yes

some people can work it out it sits in the dish of the spare wheel

They both fit in the spare wheel well, the jerry can nestles in the spare wheel, held by the same fixing

HTH

12_1577816_827200541557pm-jpg.53342

It certainly looks a very neat idea to me.
I've never been one for carrying spare fuel in the car.
In the past, I've often kept a couple of spare jerry cans in the garage ..... Just in case ...

Nice idea, but isn’t your fuel tank used for spare fuel ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom