New (white) car protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisbin

Car
I'm Back in a Benz: 2016 CLA45 S/Brake Previous: C250Cdi Est AMG Sport + Auto, E220Cdi SE Coupe.
Against my better judgement I've agreed to have another white car...:rolleyes:

While white definitely stays looking clean for longer, I have found it a pain to get properly clean with every bug splat and tar spot showing up...

So, I'd be pleased to hear of people's recommendations for products to use to help protect the paintwork, and make it easier to maintain.

Nothing that requires machine polisher thanks.

I guess I'm asking for the Holy Grail, but its worth a try...??!!!

Just maintain a good coat of wax and the bugs just wipe off.

I use Collinite915 and finish with a wipe over with Meg's Last Touch. :thumb:

What I've changed to after trying a lot of different combinations..

Chemical Guys: EZ Creme Glaze, Blacklight + Hybrid V7, finished with 50/50 wax.

Very deep shine, glossy, reflective and it lasts a fair while too. When I wash it I top the shine up by misting more V7 on. So easy to do just need to make sure the paint is prepped correctly before you start applying polish, glazes and waxes :)

Alternatively go for g-techniq or c-quartz ceramic protection.

Collinite 915 as above is a good call. Very good durability with that.

I'd also be looking at spray sealants. So easy to apply, and excellent durability. They are most detailers choice for white cars. Take a look at Werkstatt acrylic sealant.

Got a polar white C class on order so was interested to read this thread. What is the best products for removing tar spots as I imagine they can get quite unsightly on the white paint?

Autosmart Tardis for tar and iron X for brake dust contamination

I use Autobrite Cherry Glaze with Britemax Vantage Wax. Gives a great shine and protection! Will probably apply Colli 476s for winter.

Barny said:
Autosmart Tardis for tar and iron X for brake dust contamination

Thanks I will buy some of that in preparation!

i use colly 476s on the body and 815 barrier on the wheels.

works a treat. Two coats of each above.

A snowfoam with autobrite magifoam removes all the dirt :) quick easy wash when youre in a hurry.

Hi I just picked up my polar white c coupe sports plus and had it Star Guarded so I'm hoping that's going to help, also came with a nice cleaning pack with a loaf of different sprays and cleaning products, does anyone know if these are any good or should I ditch them for something else???

I'd ditch them for something else, don't get me wrong it looks good when the stuff has been applied but they're nothing special and don't last particularly long.

Dr-Nab

I too have a white car, and was wondering if you could let me know which company you get your cleaning products from. I’ve been using Autoglym for some years now, and to be honest, I’ve never heard of some of the named products used on the site........:dk:

I’d appreciate your advice and help

Thanks in advance........:thumb:

DC, I use a few different places online but stopped using Autoglym a long while ago. Shops I use - i4detailing, cleanyourcar, polishedbliss and a couple of times used theultimatefinish (but second time I used them they were pretty useless)

Realistically it depends on how much you want to spend on products to maintain your car and how much effort you want to put in, but I've found the combination I use doesn't break the bank and can be done in a good couple of hours and lasts a long while

After all the pre washing and washing has been done to polish and protect the car I use the following (and have got amazing results from them considering how easy they are to use)

Dodo Juice Lime Prime
Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze II
Chemical Guys Blacklight
Chemical Guys V7 Hybrid spray
Collinite 476s wax (for durability) or Chemical Guys 50/50 (for shine)

Looks like a whole lot of effort but it really isn't, the lime prime can be applied by hand with a sponge applicator (or machine polisher) with ease to clean the paint up nicely, removed with a microfibre cloth - probably would need to iron-x and clay the paint before hand to make sure it is perfectly clean before application of the polishes etc.

Ez creme goes on with a sponge applicator pad and off with mf cloth too, take that off with some car pro eraser spray to remove it all.

Blacklight apply again with an applicator but take it off by spraying the V7 Hybrid on it and buffing it off with mf cloth.

Then apply the wax by pad or hand and remove it with a microfibre, job done!

To link a fantastic picture courtesy of Alx taken at Trax on his magical camera... shows the depth and shine that you can get following that method and it lasts a long time, haven't cleaned my car since then but used it every day and it still gleams

7914082446_e148136671_b.jpg

Sorry if its a bit long winded but could go in to more detail on the whole detailing thing... think I've caught the detailing bug from Rashman... :D

DCphoenix said:
Dr.

Thank you very much for your advice, much appreciated.......:thumb:

Fabulous looking car too fella........:)

Don't use sponges to wash, biggest culprit off micro scratches and always use two buckets, one to wash with and the other to rinse your wash mitt in

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom