No w218/212 rear airsprings/bellows in uk and on back order in Germany with no ETA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gbrowncls55

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS500 4.7TT 2012,, SL350 09, 996 cab, all current. Gone :CLS 55 E500 W211, 2x M5s and too many 911s
As above I have been informed that w212/218 rear airmatic airsprings/bellows are currently unavailable and on back order in Germany with no ETA.
This car is my daily driver so I will have to consider an alternative. Arnott airsprings seem to be available. Anyone had any good or bad experiences on a 212/218?
I remeber when a "car off road" marker on a parts order would get it next day with very few exceptions. I had the same situation in March on my cls55 where front air struts were unavailable and again on back order in Germany so I had to go non oem aftermarket there too.

As above I have been informed that w212/218 rear airmatic airsprings/bellows are currently unavailable and on back order in Germany with no ETA.
This car is my daily driver so I will have to consider an alternative. Arnott airsprings seem to be available. Anyone had any good or bad experiences on a 212/218?
I remeber when a "car off road" marker on a parts order would get it next day with very few exceptions. I had the same situation in March on my cls55 where front air struts were unavailable and again on back order in Germany so I had to go non oem aftermarket there too.

Before you give up on Mercedes OEM, have a chat with Tim Morgan from MB Farnborough, as he managed to track down some parts for me that were out of stock anywhere else.
01252 490645
Mention that Bruno sent you his way.

I've just fitted a pair of Arnott's to my 218. They're a pretty common replacement part for all cars with air springs, not just Merc.
I cant comment on their effectiveness etc. but compared to the pair i took off (which were absolutely shagged) they are amazing!

I purchased Arnotts via Autodoc and found them to be excellent with no issues once fitted.

Autodoc prices vary so get them at best price you can (usually 30+% discount). Currently 35% discount at £235.82 inc vat each side/rear (I paid £214 back in March 2021 for comparison)

Hope that this helps.

Sorry, just realized you want airmatic when mine were for self-leveling rear on my estate. Probably, will be a bit more than I have mentioned.

Before you give up on Mercedes OEM, have a chat with Tim Morgan from MB Farnborough, as he managed to track down some parts for me that were out of stock anywhere else.
01252 490645
Mention that Bruno sent you his way.
Tim is top bloke, had the pleasure of working with him for a few years too!

I put Arnotts from Autodoc on my S212 last year. All good.

Autodoc also stock a lot of other major brands; go and have a look.

I put Arnotts from Autodoc on my S212 last year. All good.

Autodoc also stock a lot of other major brands; go and have a look.
Likewise here, I've just put arnotts on few weeks ago. So far so good 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom