Noise Deadening Blanket - any views?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The clatter at idle is the price you pay for having a diesel.:wallbash:
However, that product looks quite handy.

Hi,
I have just bought some "acoustic fire proof class O soundproofing" off the bay of fleas 1mx25mmx300mm for £14 as our 320CDi seemed to be missing some of the sound proofing from the top of the injector rail and from the n/s plastic cover

It has made a bit of difference and just decided anything added would help a bit.

Used about half the panel the other halve is for the caravan locker that has the water pump to reduce the noise from that hopefully :dk:

:thumb:

The clatter at idle is the price you pay for having a diesel.:wallbash:
However, that product looks quite handy.

At least on the 4 pots. Don't get much of that on the V6 CDI. And the other maybe not to conclusive fact, but it must play a role, mine is a W212 where the E coup and cab are on the same chassis as the C class.

I usually remove that stuff to help with cooling...plus it gets rammy.

Hi ,
I bought my diesel Jeep Cherokee when it was 6 months old. And the previous owner had gone to town on sound proofing . Floors doors etc and an engine cover which is a lot thicker than the one in the picture . When I had its first service the service manager said I would need a new serpentine belt as the sound pad had caused excessive heat which had degraded the rubber . I took it off and didn't use it again . And never really noticed the difference after that .
Michael.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom