Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've never been in a CLS - how's the rear headroom in the saloon? If you'll have two 6'+ passengers in the rear regularly, might be worth giving on a test for rear space. I don't think the rear of the W212 is a particularly roomy place to be.

The CLS shooting brake's are extra beautiful

Went and sat in a C218 CLS today to see what it was like.

Definitely more cosy than my W211 E-class saloon, but not beyond tolerable. It did have a sunroof, which I suspect reduces headroom a bit too.

It also felt like you sit much lower in the CLS. I might need a hoist if in my dotage!🙄😆

The back was certainly more of a squeeze than the back of an E-class, both in legroom and headroom. I'm approx 6'1" 185cm and could only just squeeze my hand in between my head and the roof lining. The bigger issue in the back is how the body/roof cuts down quite sharply, meaning it's more awkward to get in and out without bashing your head.

Overall though, I really liked the CLS and will now double down my hunt! 😁

Went and sat in a C218 CLS today to see what it was like.

Definitely more cosy than my W211 E-class saloon, but not beyond tolerable. It did have a sunroof, which I suspect reduces headroom a bit too.

It also felt like you sit much lower in the CLS. I might need a hoist if in my dotage!🙄😆

The back was certainly more of a squeeze than the back of an E-class, both in legroom and headroom. I'm approx 6'1" 185cm and could only just squeeze my hand in between my head and the roof lining. The bigger issue in the back is how the body/roof cuts down quite sharply, meaning it's more awkward to get in and out without bashing your head.

Overall though, I really liked the CLS and will now double down my hunt! 😁
I am biased, but having had a 211, 212, 219 and 218, the CLS is a superb vehicle and my current one is the car I have owned the longest of any car in 40 years of driving (not counting a weekends and holidays only Staaaag).

Well worth golding out for a good one. The petrol engines are wonderful but rare.

Hope you find the one that works best for you.

I am biased, but having had a 211, 212, 219 and 218, the CLS is a superb vehicle and my current one is the car I have owned the longest of any car in 40 years of driving (not counting a weekends and holidays only Staaaag).

Well worth golding out for a good one. The petrol engines are wonderful but rare.

Hope you find the one that works best for you.
Thanks.
I have seen what looks like a rather nice 320CDi, low mileage, one owner, full service history, from 2012. I have just sent the seller an enquiry, although they are a long way from my base on the south coast, meaning either a very long journey to see it, or buying blind(ish)!

Thanks.
I have seen what looks like a rather nice 320CDi, low mileage, one owner, full service history, from 2012. I have just sent the seller an enquiry, although they are a long way from my base on the south coast, meaning either a very long journey to see it, or buying blind(ish)!
Is that a 2012 CLS?

I didn't think the 320 was available then. A 350 possibly? Still the same capacity but
I believe the OM642 was subject a few changes with more power, lower emissions etc

Is that a 2012 CLS?

I didn't think the 320 was available then. A 350 possibly? Still the same capacity but
I believe the OM642 was subject a few changes with more power, lower emissions etc
Yes. Typo by me - used to putting 320 due to my E-class.

They certainly did some magic to make it more efficient, powerful, and quicker.

Yes. Typo by me - used to putting 320 due to my E-class.

They certainly did some magic to make it more efficient, powerful, and quicker.
Your comments about the CLS feeling somewhat tighter than the E Class are interesting.

I have also looked at the CLS although my Indie thought I might find it small (I am 6 foot 3) I am not overly concerned about rear space or headroom as rarely sit in the back 👍

Your comments about the CLS feeling somewhat tighter than the E Class are interesting.

I have also looked at the CLS although my Indie thought I might find it small (I am 6 foot 3) I am not overly concerned about rear space or headroom as rarely sit in the back 👍
Should be no issue with height in a CLS. Width might be another matter! But if I can fit comfortably in one, so should most people.

Should be no issue with height in a CLS. Width might be another matter! But if I can fit comfortably in one, so should most people.
How low do you go? Sunroof?

I'm not yet rotund enough to have issues with width!😂

Me neither, just that my boys are close to 6'. That said, just sat back-to-back with one of them and my head was about 2" higher!

Aye, On AT,"Now reserved for Chris"
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I really hope it all works out. It's a blooming long way to go otherwise.

Looks as if it will be worth the trip. Are you going this weekend?
It's in t' paintshop on Tuesday, as there's a scratch on t' bonnet. Should be back by next w/e, so hopefully end of next week / the weekend, if video tour is to my satisfaction.

It's in t' paintshop on Tuesday, as there's a scratch on t' bonnet. Should be back by next w/e, so hopefully end of next week / the weekend, if video tour is to my satisfaction.
I bet fuel tank will be empty 😂

Or full of whippet p!ss.😂
Just don't haggle over t'price!

Do you know how Copper wire was invented?

Two Yorkshire men arguing over a Penny! I 🤣

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom