Panoramic Sunroof problem - W204 C63 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

8bit

Car
2013 C63 AMG Coupe
The panoramic sunroof on my 2013 W204 C63 coupe is very slow to open and often stops opening/closing, I guess because there's more resistance than expected in the motion. I bought a lubrication kit from eBay which has a small tin of the MB grease and a brush to apply it. I went to do the job just now but it seems the videos I've seen online all show the saloon and/or estate sunroof and the coupe one seems to have a slightly different arrangement of the tracks.

Has anyone got a guide or photos specific for the Coupe models pano roof?

Sorry I can’t help with the specifics but I can tell you that two different main dealers had a total of three or four goes at lubricating the panoramic roof on one of our cars and it didn’t improve the symptoms you described.

However one of @BlackC55 lads did it in 3 minutes flat and it was a night and day difference and has worked faultlessly for 3 years. He said that a specific point had not been lubed but he could see other bits had been.

The panoramic sunroof on my 2013 W204 C63 coupe is very slow to open and often stops opening/closing, I guess because there's more resistance than expected in the motion. I bought a lubrication kit from eBay which has a small tin of the MB grease and a brush to apply it. I went to do the job just now but it seems the videos I've seen online all show the saloon and/or estate sunroof and the coupe one seems to have a slightly different arrangement of the tracks.

Has anyone got a guide or photos specific for the Coupe models pano roof?

Lubricate it on the top runners between the rubbers when the roof is closed using a high quality penetrant such as Metaflux Torsion Spray.

Outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom