Parktronic on E220 CDI Estate(S211)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rundleni

Guys

This is really strange, my parking sensors have stopped working again!! They are displaying 2 x red dots on the display when drive or reverse is engaged. All the connectors at the back are plugged in(cant check the front due to silver insert) and none of the sensors look damaged. Like i mentioned earlier this is the second time its happened, the last time they stopped working for over a month then started working again. Im reluctant to spend money on this because as i said they will proberbly start working again soon. Can anyone shed any light on this, maybe a controller box issue?

Thanks

Nick

Guys

This is really strange, my parking sensors have stopped working again!! They are displaying 2 x red dots on the display when drive or reverse is engaged. All the connectors at the back are plugged in(cant check the front due to silver insert) and none of the sensors look damaged. Like i mentioned earlier this is the second time its happened, the last time they stopped working for over a month then started working again. Im reluctant to spend money on this because as i said they will proberbly start working again soon. Can anyone shed any light on this, maybe a controller box issue?

Thanks

Nick

I'm afraid one or more of your sensors are faulty. You would have to change the faulty sensors even if they may start working intermittently.

Ok, thanks for the quick response. Just to also add it only ever seems to happen when we have extreme rain conditions, could just be
coincidence.

Ok, thanks for the quick response. Just to also add it only ever seems to happen when we have extreme rain conditions, could just be
coincidence.

I have not had this issue and have not changed a faulty sensor but I've seen local forum members reporting our winter breaking the sensor housing. If you have a similar case, water penetrating into the sensor could easily trigger problems intermittently. But you first have to diagnose if some sensors are faulty.

Your gonna have to have the car diagnosed to determine what sensors ore faulty then change the offending sensor . The rear can be changed with the bumper still on the car , for the front the bumper needs to be removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom