PCMCIA SD adaptor capacity limitations ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeInWimbledon

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
(Ex S211 E500, W212 E500, C216, S212 E500, W211 E500 5.5, W221 S500, S211 E500, SL500, S500, E55)
maxLEdGzhfOA4dT875OaVaQ.jpg

I've been listening to a couple of dozen MP3 "albums" on a 32gb SD card (FAT32) in a PCMCIA adaptor in my 2007 W221 for about 9 months now. All ticketty boo, no problem.

But now I've added more "albums" to the card and the car can't "see" them, although my laptop can. (All definitely MP3, no FLAC's or AAC's)

Is there some kind of capacity limit - like 512mb? (call it 150 tracks) I didn't think there was.

I've googled around and found people talking about limits but many claiming to be accessing several thousand tracks.

Any thoughts, folks?

Library images below, just to illustrate:
maxresdefault.jpg

Have you checked the filenames and are they in the same format as the previous files on the card. Have heard issues with special characters.

Good point on filenames. There are a couple which have dashes and brackets, which I'll change, but that doesn't explain the rest....

Are you using Apple laptop by any chance? I may have the answer. Robin

Yessir, a MacBook....

I had a similar problem to yours Mike, I have a card which I had put music on and taken some off due to the card becoming full or just changing music.

When the card was connected to my iMac I could see the new music and play it but when inserted into the car the music was not there.

The problem was that whilst connected to the iMac the music I had deleted was still linked to the card, the solution was to delete the old songs from the trash to enable the new tunes to play.

This could be the issue you have, at least worth a try.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Call me a Bad Engineer, but waddever, the problem is now fixed, thanks to The IT Crowd, Headhurts, and Larkone.

OK, I know I should have done the steps separately, to prove what was doing what, but.....

I cleaned up all the file names (Larkone), cleaned up Trash (Headhurts), created a dummy directory on the laptop with all the music files on it, wiped the SD card, and copied everything to the SD card again (The IT crowd).

Now I've got 18Gb of music, all visible on the SD card, with (probably) the ability to load more podcasts.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom