Private Number Plates!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sir Chumpalot

Hey, does anyone know the best place to get for private number plates please ?

Thanks, James

On Autotrader a while back there was a section which listed about 8 different websites, Newreg always seemed the best when I was looking!

what are u looking for u have any idea and budget

i still think they are cheaper on the dvla website, if the one you are looking for hasnt been bought yet.

Hi
Brought my Private plate from DVLA so easy and it only cost £245 including the transfer fee

i bought mine off the dvla, from buying on line to screwing them on was about 2 weeks

+1 for the D.V.L.A.

I have bought a few over the years, I always try the DVLA site first and if not then I have had good service from Reg Transfers in the past.

The service from the DVLA has been excellent and as the there is a DVLA office not far from us, time from order to on the car has been a matter of days.

thanks guys, timster, how much for your plate ??

people that have previously bought plates from DVLA website, do you know if there is any additional charge after the initial price of the number plate? i have seen one that is £250 which is expensive for the plate compared to other sites, but if that includes transfer fee and number plates, vat ect then its a very good price, but i cant see what the total is until i put in my bank details (which i dont want to do)

Many thanks

James

people that have previously bought plates from DVLA website, do you know if there is any additional charge after the initial price of the number plate? i have seen one that is £250 which is expensive for the plate compared to other sites, but if that includes transfer fee and number plates, vat ect then its a very good price, but i cant see what the total is until i put in my bank details (which i dont want to do)

Many thanks

James

Yes the DVLA price is & should be all inclusive of the £80 assignment fee and VAT. £250 is the going rate for most of their 'older' plates. Some dealers advertise DVLA plates minus the assignment fee and VAT.

and comes with plates too? i noticed a lot of sites add £25/20 at the end if you want the plates... cheeky if you ask me

No DVLA price doesn't include plates.

If you don't transfer straight to a car, then after 12 months you need to pay a further charge to retain it for a further year (IIRC £25).

If the DVLA list the plate then a dealer will not be able to sell it for less without making a loss. Not a good idea for a dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom