Rac could not fix it, any ideas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Surely you can get to at least three wheels with a bottle jack though. The fronts will be accessible from the front. The OSR should have enough spaace if you can get in and out of the car.

I'd get 2 pieces of hardboard, each say 3ft long and wide enough to go under a tyre, jack each rear wheel in turn enough to push the boards under (shiny side down) and get someone to steadily tow the car out.

Surely you can get to at least three wheels with a bottle jack though. The fronts will be accessible from the front.

In reality, you only need one rear wheel off the ground to allow it to rotate backwards.

Hardboard sheets are worth a go. Just take care though as friction and inertia will hold it back and it may suddenly release. Super slow.

Got something to protect the paintwork from the wall?

If you really can't find a live point in the engine bay, try the cigarette lighter, with IGN on..

that doesnt work either on a CL as if the battery is totally flat, it wont recognise the power as its ignition controlled cigar lighter..

S classes and CL's are a nightmare when they go flat.

Some sort of rollers plus sheeting on them and airbags to lift the car, then roll it out? What a conundrum!

Hi best idea is any flat timber put under as many wheels as you can

But use grease any kind on the timber and the car will move like its on ice very easy

Use a tow rope to pull out and a second car to help the start

I have done this before and works a treat

She is out!

Out the garage at last, had a local guy come around with lots of trolley jacks. 10 mins and out she popped. charged the battery and good as new!
There is a power supply to the fuse boxes under the lid but the merc guy said the best way was through the cig lighter. I was out when he did it so will add any other details tomorrow when I speak to him.

So pleased.......

Thanks for all your advice :bannana::bannana::bannana:

put a screwdriver in the main fuse and connect a charger to it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom