Rain sensor defective

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JOB-BLACK-RAT

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 5 series 'ahem'
Hello there folks,

The rain sensor wind screen wipers on my 2003 C220 have developed a mind of thier own when they want to work.

There is pretty much no intermitent function now and the juddering jumping blades on a dryish screen (you that drizzel stuff thats just in the middle of on or off), are driving me round the twist!

Apart from a new sensor, any ideas to improve the current one?

Thanks

No idea about sensor (mine has one too) but had same juddering wipers bought some internet ones from same firm that supplied a set to go on my wifes Astra softtop that worked fine. Still juddered put up with it till my sanity nearly went. Just given in and put a set of genuine Merc ones on-problem gone. £30 well spent!!!

Screen contamination is the main reason for erratic sensor operation. Especially now we are getting salt on the roads, it creates a film on the screen that confuses the sensor. Make sure the screen on and around the sensor is scrupulously clean. Renew the wiper blades if not done recently.

I seem to remember that the sensitivity can be tweaked if necessary using STAR. But as mentioned, it's likely to be contamination I think.

You guys had better be using MB screenwash or any complaints will be ignored! I'm not joking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom