Replacement parking sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adeinfrance

Car
Mercedes 300CE----Fiat 500F 1967---- BMW 530d Touring-----Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Hi. Does anybody have any experience with reverse parking sensors. Just had the wife's car diagnosed, have been informed that it needs two sensors replaced on the right hand rear, but the garage have quoted £135 + vat for each sensor plus fitting! eBay sell them for £10. Is it possible on the garage's quite they have put £270+ for the two but meant to put £27? Are the ones on eBay really rubbish. Would welcome any input. Thanks in advance

Assuming it's a Mercedes? Genuine sensors range from £68-127ish pounds each.

I bought some ebay ones for a jaguar x type . They were spot on like .

I bought some ebay ones for a jaguar x type . They were spot on like .

They are for my wife's 5 series BMW so I guess the price will be about the same as Mercedes but I just can't see why the price difference is so vast. I am thinking of buying 4 from eBay to replace the two not working, just in case of faulty ones, and still be quids in.
The problem I have is the wife now thinks I think she can't park whereas I am just trying to stop the annoying noise created by the faulty sensors.

Bought some Ebay sensors a few months back for about £10, that were MB-stamped and made in Mexico.

It seemd reasonable that these were OEM as the car is made in the states....

Copies or not, they've been working fine since. Although the taking off the froont bumper was a bit long-winded, it was straightforward and only needed a helper at the pull-off and put-back stage.

If you don't mind the bumper crashing to the ground when you undo the last bolt, you could even do it alone!

Took about 2 hours. (including tea breaks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom