S Class Who and Why

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well in the end I tried both, though not through choice!
I purchased a 7 Series G12 and on driving it home from Lancashire.
Long story short, I ended up returning the car for a refund.
So I started to search again, but this time for an S Class.
After a lot of research and looking at adverts, I picked up another 2015 plate S Class on Tuesday.
Drove it home and so far so good :)

What was wrong with the 7?

Well in the end I tried both, though not through choice!
I purchased a 7 Series G12 and on driving it home from Lancashire.
Long story short, I ended up returning the car for a refund.
So I started to search again, but this time for an S Class.
After a lot of research and looking at adverts, I picked up another 2015 plate S Class on Tuesday.
Drove it home and so far so good :)
Enjoy your new car!

Hi , I was having my car serviced at Mercedes a few weeks ago and they had two S types parked next to each other.

One was £120k and the other was £23k

Externally the looked identical and internally the cheaper cars condition was superb.

Shows the build quality of the S class

What was wrong with the 7?
I noticed that after the clock was left unattended the clock and trip computer would loose their memory and return to zero. So after research it appeared that it could be the battery, so with the dealers consent it was changed for a new one. But still the fault remained, then I started to notice other things, like the Air Package in the glove box, just came away while I was changing the cartridges, the drivers seat where the control panel was came loose, plus a couple of other, so I took it back, they said that it would get sorted. But by then I had lost confidence in the car and asked for a refund. Which they agreed to, but would be 14 days, as per their rights!
So that it were I am now.
It appears that BMW and Mercedes have a secondary battery, which neither the dealer or I knew about and that required replacing as well. So that hopefully solved the issue.

Enjoy your new car!
Trying to but a few niggles, which is certainly not the fault of the car, but instead the dealers, lack of carrying out even the basic valeting which showed no sigh of being recently polished and PDI.
First day after arriving home, I had a LOW coolant warning light come on, so checked both screen wash and oil and both needed topping up.
So, spoke with the Sales person, who stated that it was unlikely that his manager would approve any work to be carried out. I tried to speak directly with the Manager, but he didn't return my call.
Told them that I would be writing a very poor review, with that they offered £70 for the car to be valeted.
But by then I had already arranged for the car to have a full detail/ceramic polish. And I bit the bullet and have booked the car in with Mercedes to conduct a Service B. Just to be on the safe side.
I am now thinking that they can stick their money and I will just do the review, including photos.

You can certainly get more for your money if you look further afield - I live in Devon.
And my passed experiences have always been positive, but these two deals, have prompted me to reconsider, buying either more locally, or from a Main Dealer.

Trying to but a few niggles, which is certainly not the fault of the car, but instead the dealers, lack of carrying out even the basic valeting which showed no sigh of being recently polished and PDI.
First day after arriving home, I had a LOW coolant warning light come on, so checked both screen wash and oil and both needed topping up.
So, spoke with the Sales person, who stated that it was unlikely that his manager would approve any work to be carried out. I tried to speak directly with the Manager, but he didn't return my call.
Told them that I would be writing a very poor review, with that they offered £70 for the car to be valeted.
But by then I had already arranged for the car to have a full detail/ceramic polish. And I bit the bullet and have booked the car in with Mercedes to conduct a Service B. Just to be on the safe side.
I am now thinking that they can stick their money and I will just do the review, including photos.

You can certainly get more for your money if you look further afield - I live in Devon.
And my passed experiences have always been positive, but these two deals, have prompted me to reconsider, buying either more locally, or from a Main Dealer.
The selling dealer needs to realise and acknowledge that whether they put faults right is not down to what the sales manager will authorise, but consumer law.

Hopefully there are no further issues if thei attitude is that that. Enjoy your car 👍🏻

None of those I would clarify as warranty faults...so yes it would be up to them.

None of those I would clarify as warranty faults...so yes it would be up to them.
Thanks to you both.
Unfortunately the Manager, who though requested by myself, has't got the decency to speak with me. And doesn't agree with our thoughts.
Though, I maybe cutting my nose off............
I have told them to stick their token offer.
And instead will place my review on whatever websites they use.
So, other buyers are aware.
A £22,999 which they kept pointing out had been reduced to £19,990 should never be sold in such a mechanical and cosmetic condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom