S600 Grille for W124 from Matrixcar.de

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

500E

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 E500 Limited / 2008 C63 AMG
Hello,

I am thinking of replacing the original grille moulding from my 124 E500 and replacing it with Matrixcar.de's S600 Grille mouding. Has anyone here had experiances from purchasing this grille moulding from them? I have purchased door sills off them before which arrived in perfect condition but a grille is a much more fragile and I have heard of them breaking/cracking during transport from other sellers. The item is 90 euros and 115 euros including shipping. All help appreciated.

Thx,
Mo

I know people who have bought them for the W201, and have heard that the quality is ok.

There's a company called Autorice in Canada who do very good S600 grills, however, there are many people in the U.S and Canada who have never received their item.. so would hate to think what would happen to a UK customer.

Alternatively, there's Bekkers situated in the U.S. Their quality is meant to be good! It is slightly more expensive than Matrixcar.de (works out to be just over £70 + postage). It's probably worth enquiring on how much they charge for shipping to the UK.

Here's The Link To Bekkers' 124 Grills..

Hope that helps..

:)

500E said:
Hello,

I am thinking of replacing the original grille moulding from my 124 E500 and replacing it with Matrixcar.de's S600 Grille mouding. Has anyone here had experiances from purchasing this grille moulding from them? I have purchased door sills off them before which arrived in perfect condition but a grille is a much more fragile and I have heard of them breaking/cracking during transport from other sellers. The item is 90 euros and 115 euros including shipping. All help appreciated.

Thx,
Mo
I got one and it arrived ok. but it's not as robust as oem.

Thank you for your replies. I can never imagine spending £70+ on a grille, but thanks for the link, highly appreciated. Looks like i'll wait a little longer until I order one, the car firstly needs a new set of tyres (even with ASR it munches them up!)

500E said:
I can never imagine spending £70+ on a grille, but thanks for the link, highly appreciated.
What? The oem plastic insert without chrome fitted is about £100!

The problem with the "S600 style" grills is that they are either made from a W140 S600 grill, which is about £250 brand new before mods or it's two W210 elegance/avantgarde grills glued together. The expensive ones will have used genuine MB oem items, the really cheap ones are made from replica items to start with.

True, I have an S600 grill which was cut down to fit on my W201 and is of very good quality.

There are, however, quite a few places that do aftermarket ones... but the quality of the majority of them is quite the opposite to OEM ones.

The Matrixcar part is rubbish compared to an OEM part. It's very flimsy and doesn't fit 100%.
Autorice does not have a good name on American websites.

I got a new grille from ebay

Theres an identical one on there now
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chrome-grille...565858330QQcategoryZ10398QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure if this is classified as an S600 grille, its labelled as Avantgarde.

Took me less than 10mins to fit. It is just the plastic grille insert with chrome rails on each slat. Made for the pre facelift W124.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom