Sat Nav For Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wennol2

Car
E Class
Thanks to those who answered my question about telepony and voice dialling.

The E Class I'm hoping to acquire has a cradle/socket in the glove compartment which I have deduced is for the SatNav module. From what I've read so far the only compatible module is the Becker Map Pilot which appears to be expensive(unless from eBay) and does not seem to get very good reviews. Are there any alternatives to the Becker Map Pilot which will fit the existing cradle/socket?

I know you can get bargains on eBay but I'm loathe to take that approach unless I can be 100% sure of the supplier.
Thanks

Unfortunately, there are not. Only a Becker Map Pilot will fit in the existing bracket.

A second-hand Becker Map Pilot off eBay is probably the cheapest option to get navigation for your car (other than using your phone, or a standalone satnav e.g. TomTom or Garmin).

Other options include replacing your entry-level Audio20 infotainment unit with the higher-end COMAND unit (which has built-in navigation on an internal HDD), or adding hardware to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, or getting an Android-based unit (such as Erisin), but these will all cost considerably more than a second-hand Becker Map Pilot and will require professional installation.

I wouldn't waste your money.

I and many others are quite content with either Google Maps, or preferably Waze on our mobile 'phones - both free & updated regularly.

If you are intending to use your phone in the car you will need a bracket and if you choose the right one, possibly Brodit, you can set up your phone to run Waze easily in sight.

NJSS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom