setting the time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chubbs111

Car
clk270cdi
i have a 2000 e320 cdi and the time is wrong in the display,i tried setting the time but the only thing the computer allows me to reset is 12/24 hour,the car came fitted with a command system but i have removed this and fitted my own double din clarion ,can anyone enlighten me please.

2mins to Midday, disconnect battery. at Midday reconnect battery and it will reset to 12:00

Or get the car coded for COMAND absent.

does the car have to be coded if i remove the command?

If you want the time controls back, yes.

With COMAND switched off, you lose it in the cluster and gain the clock controls back.

2mins to Midday, disconnect battery. at Midday reconnect battery and it will reset to 12:00
i did what you advised about disconnecting the battery but it made no difference to the clock,however after reconnecting it now says 2 malfunctions,abs and bas visit workshop,is there anyway to delete the malfunctions

i did what you advised about disconnecting the battery but it made no difference to the clock,however after reconnecting it now says 2 malfunctions,abs and bas visit workshop,is there anyway to delete the malfunctions

Maybe leave it longer than 2 mins I guess, try 15 mins tomorrow. - my W209 CLK only needed 2 mins to discharge.

Turn the steering wheel full range from left to right/right to left etc to clear the error. It needs to be taught the steering range.

Last edited:
thanks killerhertz just cleared the faults,i will disconnect for longer tomorow,will it give me any problems by disconnecting the battery.

No, but you will need to re-sync the windows.

Hold down for 5 secs at very bottom, and hold up at very top for 5 secs.

Heh heh. I thought you were joking but that actually IS the fix :)

Reminds me of one of those strange glitches I have with the electrics on my 211.

Back in spring I was trying to set the time to BST via COMAND. For some reason the system decided that I could only adjust the time in increments of 30 mins.

So the fix was to leave the car for a while, go back at 11.00am and click the adjuster twice to get it to 12.00.

I could start a thread on these oddities. Like the N/S door mirror that adjusts itself when I select reverse about 10% of the time but always goes up not down. And occasionally doesn't go back. Eh?

And my Dynamic seat which sometimes releases all the air pressure in the seat back, bolsters and cushion before switching itself off. The only solution is to pull over, turn the car off completely and the fire it up again.

Odd little quirks. Amazingly minor, I suppose give the complexity and age of the electronics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom