Shopping on AliExpress

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When so many big name brands manufacture their goods in China, I'm not sure that 'Made in China' is necessarily a sign of poor quality. Granted, there are plenty of knock-offs, but the Chinese are just as capable of producing well made goods as anyone else.
Exactly that!

I guess my only point about it is that something that looks like a specific brand you'd buy here is likely to be fake. Something like Lego or collectable brands like NECA won't be real.

But if you're buying something that is a Chinese brand, you know what you're getting. I bought a watch by a brand called Berny (naff name I know) but automatic Myota movement, saphire crystal, 200m water resistance and under £70 delivered from AliExpress. No denying it's Chinese but it'd be a good watch at double the price.

Like you say, so much of what we buy is made in China, look at all of our electronics.

Got messagextoday to say my order has been despatched and they've included a VX100 borescope/endoscope completely gratis.😀

Got messagextoday to say my order has been despatched and they've included a VX100 borescope/endoscope completely gratis.😀
Will you be offering MB Club members cheap endoscopies?

Messaged this morning to say my delivery is due Tuesday! If it arrives as fast as that, I'll be impressed.

I often get stuff from Aliexpress in just a few days.....they have UK warehouses for lots of items....often, in checkout, you have the choice of where you would like it to come from.....but it affects the price.

As an aside I ordered a 400A DC clamp ammeter from Banggood 12 days ago, and it arrived today. I had a voucher which reduced the price to £19.23 (including VAT and tracked delivery):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Obviously for that price you're not getting a lab grade hand calibrated instrument, but it works fine and is perfect for general DIY (particularly automotive) use. I've had a pure DC clamp ammeter (with no voltage etc. functions) for many years but that's much bulkier, has a 200A limit, and has to be zeroed with a thumb wheel :D It also cost 85 euros.

View attachment 149519
Currently around £24 with a discount.

It looks like a useful piece of kit so I will order one. As said, ultimate accuracy is not that important, indicative readings for most DIY will be fine.

Thank you for posting 👍

PS : Slightly hesitant in typing
" Banggood" in to a browser 😂

Last edited:
PS : Slightly hesitant in typing
" Banggood" in to a browser 😂
Have you heard the story aboutcthesextwo little girls, born so early they could both fit inside a cup. If not just Google 2 girls one cup.😉🤣

Neumann, probably the most respected microphone manufacturer in the world. Used for decades in countless recording studios worldwide. The KMS 105 is their top of the line microphone for live stage and TV use. They really are fabulous pieces of kit,

From Andertons, an officially appointed, long established UK retailer. Selling at a discount of around 15%.

An allegedly genuine, "original" example, allegedly from Berlin. Buy one at your peril........

Pleased to announce that my Xtool D8W arrived today, complete with a flexible camera / endoscope.

Had a problem with my new scanner, I couldn't login and create an account, needed to register the device.
I contact Xtool and they wereable to access the scanner remotely, reset it and cure the issue.
Had a play with the flexible camera and was pleasantly surprised by it.😳🤣

Who uses stamps!! Its 2024!!! Just buy them online and print off the address label with the stamp barcode included.

I guess that's so.....just no one I know.....even my 80 year old dad has one!!

I guess that's so.....just no one I know.....even my 80 year old dad has one!!

I think it's mostly younger people that don't - they're used to having everything on their phones and don't really print stuff out.

Reactions: JHS
I think it's mostly younger people that don't - they're used to having everything on their phones and don't really print stuff out.
That did me good! at 78 I have no printer so fall into the "younger" category. If I really need to print then the library at 10p/page works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom