Sony minidisc player problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Irishrebel

Car
1998 W210 E300TD Auto. Estate (Azurite Blue)
Hi,

I had a good Sony minidisc player in my old Audi 80, but could never fit it in my A4 as too complex. After sitting in dust for 6 years, managed to fit it easily into my 98 E-class. Shortly after, I found intermittent problem with some discs not being read and ejecting, which has worsened. Now I can load a disc up to 20 times without success, or find it works first time. No particular type of disc, method of inserting, ambient temperature, disc temperature, etc. seems to be the key, just a random, annoying problem.:mad:

Anyone any idea what the cause is, and how to fix it if possible? Is it just the laser is too old?:confused:

Common problem on older Sony CD players is the laser. Be alot cheaper to look for a new player to be honest if it is that. Have you tried a laser cleaner?

Bob

Thanks for that! I never considered that you'd need a cleaner for a lens since there is no contact with the disc, unlike the old cassette players. I'm supposed to be intelligent!:eek:

I've ordered a cleaner disc online and I'll try it out.:)

Hi,

I had a good Sony minidisc player in my old Audi 80, but could never fit it in my A4 as too complex. After sitting in dust for 6 years, managed to fit it easily into my 98 E-class. Shortly after, I found intermittent problem with some discs not being read and ejecting, which has worsened. Now I can load a disc up to 20 times without success, or find it works first time. No particular type of disc, method of inserting, ambient temperature, disc temperature, etc. seems to be the key, just a random, annoying problem.:mad:

Anyone any idea what the cause is, and how to fix it if possible? Is it just the laser is too old?:confused:

Laser alignment on the early Sony models is a problem too, I have a combined CD changer / mini Disc in the boot of my CLK had to have it serviced and both lasers realigned, hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom