Speedometer Battle - BMW M235i VS Mercedes CLA45 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MarriedBlonde said:
I really like the Golf R, the r400 will just be amazing if they make it. I just can't get my head round spending £40k+ on a golf with a few options, I would want DSG, leather and Nav will be options etc. J.

I just went through changing my car and getting a test drive is next to impossible. The dealers expect you to buy unseen which was never going to work for me and at the end of the day it's always going to be just a Golf. 1500 miles in and I'm really pleased with my A45. The gearbox is seamless in C mode and you cannot feel it change gear at all and it's just the sound of the engine that gives it away. In S mode it's great IMHO and way better than the 7G box in my C350.

I just went through changing my car and getting a test drive is next to impossible. The dealers expect you to buy unseen which was never going to work for me

Seems nothing changes then. Exactly the same attitude as when the first R32s were released over a decade ago. :doh:

I've never really had an issue getting a testdrive, most dealers in Nottingham seem fine with it. Although if anyone is awkward it tends to be Audi. BMW have always been great.

Best time to get one is at the launch or for an AMG when AMG do their annual UK tour of AMG MB dealers. I loved this and wish it happened more often!

V12 said:
The same is said of the A45...

Absolutely :). And I think the A45 looks much better than any flavour Golf which was a big reason for buying one. That and the expectation of buying a Golf R undriven for minimal discount

moff said:
I've never really had an issue getting a testdrive, most dealers in Nottingham seem fine with it. Although if anyone is awkward it tends to be Audi. BMW have always been great. Best time to get one is at the launch or for an AMG when AMG do their annual UK tour of AMG MB dealers. I loved this and wish it happened more often!

A45 wasn't a problem it was getting a drive of the Golf R that was the issue.

pretty close in Speedo comparison.

What I got from this is the top end speed of (there or there abouts) 270 KPH ... and interestingly the CLA was at around 4.5k and the BMW at nearly 7K rpm ....

I wonder what these two cars will do against each other with a simple tune for each car since they are both tune friendly.

I wonder what the M2 will be like, the new RS3 which will easily outpower the A45 and the rumoured A45 Black!

Exciting times at the moment for fast cars.

The M235i is good for 400bhp or just shy of and the A45 has already been chipped to 400bhp. Awesome!

I wonder what the M2 will be like...

Less ugly...I'm hoping & expecting it will be the dogs bits with a few retro touches going too, that would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom