Stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Remember that when aged about 12 I visited a cousin whose father had a Continental and was taken out for a drive as a treat. I can still picture myself in the passenger seat being wafted along , in comparison with my family's Morris Minor it was magical. What a memory, still fresh after nearly 60 years

The only thing I recall about Jason King was that for some reason he couldn't seem to find shirts with sleeves that fitted, so he had to turn back the cuffs over the ends of his jacket sleeves...

The scene I remember particularly from Jason King , and involving his Continental , was when he was pulled over by the police ( on instruction from his bosses ) : King came out with something like " What is officer ? I'm not drunk ; I wasn't speeding , and if you dare to suggest there's anything wrong with this car , its manufacturer will personally sue you ! "

Good luck trying that today :)

brucemillar said:
I seem to recall he was 'pulled over' for an altogether more salacious offense.

Go on Bruce, I wasn't in the UK in those days. Was it something similar to the infamous Gillian Taylforth incident?

I seem to recall he was 'pulled over' for an altogether more salacious offense.

I don't recall Wyngarde being pulled over in his car , but I know he suffered a fall from grace due to his lifestyle , and a couple of court appearances resulting from it .

Or pulled anything in his car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom