Stuck removing W212 middle seatbelt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeddyRuxpin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2x E350 CDI Sport W212s... for a bit
Hi,

I'm stuck removing the middle (rear) seatbelt from a W212 without rear folding seats. I'm actually retrofitting rear folding seats, which have their own seat belt.

To remove the middle belt I'm pretty sure that I need to loosen this odd bolt/cover in the boot/trunk of the car (pictured). But I don't have a tool that can get on that tiny groove, as pictured.

I've tried using pliers and I'm just chewing up the 'thread'.

Can anybody tell me how to remove that middle seat belt (or how to remove this bolt), please?

I can't find anything on any forums about it.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_4195.jpeg
    IMG_4195.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4196.jpeg
    IMG_4196.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi,

I'm stuck removing the middle (rear) seatbelt from a W212 without rear folding seats. I'm actually retrofitting rear folding seats, which have their own seat belt.

To remove the middle belt I'm pretty sure that I need to loosen this odd bolt/cover in the boot/trunk of the car (pictured). But I don't have a tool that can get on that tiny groove, as pictured.

I've tried using pliers and I'm just chewing up the 'thread'.

Can anybody tell me how to remove that middle seat belt (or how to remove this bolt), please?

I can't find anything on any forums about it.

Cheers!
What’s on the other side of it ? (If it’s the boot space ?)

This is in the 'ceiling' of the boot. The other side of it is the belt, which is under foam/the parcel shelf.

Attachments

• IMG_4197.jpg
    IMG_4197.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 8
Hang on. I've answered my own question with that pic above. On my laptop, I can see the nut that needs to be undone! When I was looking on my phone it looked like it was just a bolt.

Thank you for prodding me :)

Hang on. I've answered my own question with that pic above. On my laptop, I can see the nut that needs to be undone! When I was looking on my phone it looked like it was just a bolt.

Thank you for prodding me :)
Back in the game buddy . The prodding was free ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom