The Scratch Doctor Leather Repair Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Riva811

Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
I had some discolouring on the drivers seat - turned glossy black and i also had some lines showing up due to the belt hitting the side of the seat. Ordered a leather repair kit from scratch doctor and selected Mercedes Anthracite. I have to admit I love the results, almost looking like new. You can also apply a gloss, matt or satin finish to it. Sorry I didnt take before and after photos.
Since I had the kit i also repaired my office chair which needed some filling. Happy with a £34 purchase.

I had some discolouring on the drivers seat - turned glossy black and i also had some lines showing up due to the belt hitting the side of the seat. Ordered a leather repair kit from scratch doctor and selected Mercedes Anthracite. I have to admit I love the results, almost looking like new. You can also apply a gloss, matt or satin finish to it. Sorry I didnt take before and after photos.
Since I had the kit i also repaired my office chair which needed some filling. Happy with a £34 purchase.

The results with this product are really good. Used it on my Crystal Grey drivers seat bolster, what a result it looks like new. Two or three light coats applied with a fine grain sponge and dried with an hair dryer to give the factory fresh look. Managed to fade in the top edge of the side bolster by just applying the thinnest layer when the sponge was almost dry, the result when dry means you cannot my see any difference in shade with the rest of the seat. Again another person who forgot to get photos.

Good post, i have just treated my seats with some Poor Boys treatment, but would like to give the leather this type of treatment..... Online now !

Sorry about the double image posting. Don’t add photos to threads very often so every time it’s a school day.

I am the same!
Quick question? How do you ascertain the correct colour leather for my seats? Mine look like 'light black' ( Anthracite?? ) but there is a choice of three codes for a 2003 SL500 black interior?

I am the same!
Quick question? How do you ascertain the correct colour leather for my seats? Mine look like 'light black' ( Anthracite?? ) but there is a choice of three codes for a 2003 SL500 black interior?
I am lucky as I have had the car from new so had the original order and build sheet plus the printed brochure from when I selected my car. Printed brochure’s details all the options and prices without having to use a pc or tablet; they will never catch on.

You will probably get someone who will say put your VIN number into a VIN decoder and may give you a link to this useful tool.

I have just spent 5mins trying to tell the difference between what I thought was a before and after pic 🤣
Sorry, all pictures are of after. Forgot how to add pictures resulting in a double post of the after pictures and lost the before pictures completely.

Not happy yesterday when I got home after picking car up from main dealers from its service. Drivers seat had a biro mark on the seat base bolster. The guy in the workshop must have written out something and slipped. A wipe with an IPA soaked rag removed it so all calm again. IPA is Isopropyl alcohol also called rubbing spirits it’s a brilliant product to keep in the garage, cleans oil off windscreens biro off seats excess polish off trim.

Last VIN - Found all the original details for my car, it even cam with 10L of fuel! Thank you

201ALEATHER - BLACK/ANTHRACITE

Sorry for all the confusion but as I posted shortly after putting up the pictures I had double posted the pictures of the finished product. The picture are to show how good the colour match is. There is no before and after picture.

Hi All,

Would anyone know if the leather code 201A would be a match for the Scratch Doctor code listing 201 ?

I have e-mailed them, and tried the customer services chat thing, but cannot get a reply from them ..... I don't want to fork out £40 and ruin my seats ...... I suspect it is the same although 401 might be black and the 'A' anthracite ?? ( Not black )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom