Tyre kit inflator + sealant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Remember if you do need to use the foam to seal a punctured tyre most tyre places will not repair it afterwards as they say they can not guarantee the inner patch the use will stick .

Remember if you do need to use the foam to seal a punctured tyre most tyre places will not repair it afterwards as they say they can not guarantee the inner patch the use will stick .
It certainly won’t stick at all.
The chemical makeup of the sealant creates a film on the inner face of the tyre, that is rather slimy.
Gallons of buffing cleaner won’t clear it.
You can’t burr the tyre down to virgin rubber either, as due to the sliminess you just spin it deeper into the rubber that you are attempting to rough up in preparation for the patch.
As a “get you off the motorway” aid it’s perfect - but a new tyre is on the cards, and soon.
Its just horrific that cars now are produced without a spare.

It certainly won’t stick at all.
The chemical makeup of the sealant creates a film on the inner face of the tyre, that is rather slimy.
Gallons of buffing cleaner won’t clear it.
You can’t burr the tyre down to virgin rubber either, as due to the sliminess you just spin it deeper into the rubber that you are attempting to rough up in preparation for the patch.
As a “get you off the motorway” aid it’s perfect - but a new tyre is on the cards, and soon.
Its just horrific that cars now are produced without a spare.
Perhaps it’s down to the improvement in our road surfaces over the years - oh, wait a minute ….

Perhaps it’s down to the improvement in our road surfaces over the years - oh, wait a minute ….
In the last six months I have two blowouts , needless to say both tyres appeared to have gone through an industrial mincemeat machine.The gunk supplied clearly of no use.Sitting in the boot of my latest car is a full size proper spare wheel.

Sitting in the boot of my latest car is a full size proper spare wheel.

Good planning. Exactly what we did with our horrid little Yaris after my wife attacked a kerb. Managed to find an alloy wheel exactly matching the other 4.

Regarding snow, in Germany you can seem many exotic cars running on ugly, black steel wheels in the winter. They change them, I think, in November and then back in April. Or something like that.

RayH

Strips, glue with air pump, spare wheel, jack and brace, screws that you can screw in the hole, i have the lot but i don't want a puncture :eek: opps i nearly forgot the AA.
Cant get anything else in the boot :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom