Thinking of selling my C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hausi

Car
GLE63s
I have 63 plate C63 estate with 22k miles and 19 months AMG warranty left. I only tend to do long journeys in the car but the lack of headroom caused by the sunroof is really affecting my back.

How is the private market for these cars? Am I better selling privately or just selling to webuyanycar etc?

I'd like to either change to an E63 estate or a C7 RS6 which have slightly larger cabins. I know the former are quote scarce at the moment in the main dealer network.

Thanks.

I've lost count how many times I've thought about selling mine due to lack of use. Then I get chance to take it out for a blast and immediately change my mind lol.

I would say sell private. Plenty of people after them. Especially with the warranty left.

I've lost count how many times I've thought about selling mine due to lack of use. Then I get chance to take it out for a blast and immediately change my mind lol.

I would say sell private. Plenty of people after them. Especially with the warranty left.

This is literally what I do lol

I have 63 plate C63 estate with 22k miles and 19 months AMG warranty left. I only tend to do long journeys in the car but the lack of headroom caused by the sunroof is really affecting my back.

How is the private market for these cars? Am I better selling privately or just selling to webuyanycar etc?

I'd like to either change to an E63 estate or a C7 RS6 which have slightly larger cabins. I know the former are quote scarce at the moment in the main dealer network.

Thanks.

ML63 or GLE63 might give you the best headroom, but of course not quite as agile if handling is more important than headroom and bad back.

Dare I say it, but the W204 C63 is one of the only performance cars I'd consider buying without a warranty. Post 2011 or after earlier cars had their head-bolts replaced, these cars have proven to be virtually bulletproof despite some owners consistently abusing them and, they are pretty inexpensive to run in comparison to any competition.

However, there is absolutely no way on earth I'd run any of these late performance cars with turbocharged engines without a warranty. M4/M5/M6, GTR... no thanks, especially BMW's due to my horrific past experience. I think it's too early to say about the W205 C63 and perhaps W212 E63 is proven, but I don't really know.

The W204 C63 is a brute that sits well within its comfort zone, even tuned. I have found that all of the high performance turbocharged cars that I have owned are fairly high strung from the beginning and dare you tune them, then prepare to see some weak spots elsewhere (plumbing, sensors, fueling, ignition etc). You have to pay to play, that's a given, but these days I'd rather do that on a car that costs under £20,000 with no manufacturer scrutinising my car in an attempt to refuse a warranty claim. In some cases, what the extended warranty will cost you per year will often cover any additional work that you need during that period anyway. The one time that a warranty pays for itself is generally if you blow something up.

Anyway, what would attract me to a C63 is a maintenance plan as it's a nice touch not having to pay a few quid for an A Service (plus plugs eventually) or £700ish for a B service for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Dare I say it, but the W204 C63 is one of the only performance cars I'd consider buying without a warranty. Post 2011 or after earlier cars had their head-bolts replaced, these cars have proven to be virtually bulletproof despite some owners consistently abusing them and, they are pretty inexpensive to run in comparison to any competition.

However, there is absolutely no way on earth I'd run any of these late performance cars with turbocharged engines without a warranty. M4/M5/M6, GTR... no thanks, especially BMW's due to my horrific past experience. I think it's too early to say about the W205 C63 and perhaps W212 E63 is proven, but I don't really know.

The W204 C63 is a brute that sits well within its comfort zone, even tuned. I have found that all of the high performance turbocharged cars that I have owned are fairly high strung from the beginning and dare you tune them, then prepare to see some weak spots elsewhere (plumbing, sensors, fueling, ignition etc). You have to pay to play, that's a given, but these days I'd rather do that on a car that costs under £20,000 with no manufacturer scrutinising my car in an attempt to refuse a warranty claim. In some cases, what the extended warranty will cost you per year will often cover any additional work that you need during that period anyway. The one time that a warranty pays for itself is generally if you blow something up.

Anyway, what would attract me to a C63 is a maintenance plan as it's a nice touch not having to pay a few quid for an A Service (plus plugs eventually) or £700ish for a B service for a couple of years.

''Anyway, what would attract me to a C63 is a maintenance plan as it's a nice touch not having to pay a few quid for an A Service (plus plugs eventually) or £700ish for a B service for a couple of years.''

Did you mean Warranty as I don't think he has a service plan on his car as its a 63 plate?

''Anyway, what would attract me to a C63 is a maintenance plan as it's a nice touch not having to pay a few quid for an A Service (plus plugs eventually) or £700ish for a B service for a couple of years.''

Did you mean Warranty as I don't think he has a service plan on his car as its a 63 plate?

No, I was just saying that even if he had no warranty, it wouldn't necessarily matter. Some people get hung up on this, so for anyone else looking to buy a C63, it might offer some comfort to know that generally they're buying something reliable. The service plan is for servicing, and personally that for me would be a benefit if it was fully paid up (i.e. my next two services are already paid for).

I then went on to say why, and when I would consider a warranty, as someone who buys a fair amount of cars and who has been bitten.

The extended warranty on my C63, that I have paid for, has gone unused. The cost of it is basically the cost of "risk", and unless things change then I am not sure if I will renew.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom