Thoughts/Comments on this E63s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NEMESIS CLS

Car
W218 CLS63 AMG-S
Chaps,
Whilst i really love my CLS63, I have over the past couple of weeks fallen in love with the new E63s. I am now considering PXing mine for one. I have come across this car and wondered what the guys who own and have owned one think? To Be Honest I really wanted Selenite Magno but would settle for this, not overly bothered about the Burmester upgraded sounds as the exhaust note is the music I listen to!! Want the performance seats (would like the CF interior) but again it's not a deal breaker. Its a June 2017 registered car with 19k miles and one previous owner.

What do you guys think? All comments, positive & negative welcome

Ash Motors Ltd used cars in West Yorkshire

Chaps,
Whilst i really love my CLS63, I have over the past couple of weeks fallen in love with the new E63s. I am now considering PXing mine for one. I have come across this car and wondered what the guys who own and have owned one think? To Be Honest I really wanted Selenite Magno but would settle for this, not overly bothered about the Burmester upgraded sounds as the exhaust note is the music I listen to!! Want the performance seats (would like the CF interior) but again it's not a deal breaker. Its a June 2017 registered car with 19k miles and one previous owner.

What do you guys think? All comments, positive & negative welcome

Ash Motors Ltd used cars in West Yorkshire
Very nice, can you buy me one too please?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Looks nice and the price is good but, and there's always a but, has it got the premium package? To me this was essential when I bought mine, looking at the photos I can't tell if it has the Burmeister sound system, or even a panoramic sun roof (I'm on a small screen lappy at the moment though, so could be mistaken).

It's not got the switchable exhaust though, which is a nice feature to have.

I'd keep looking around a bit longer till you can find one in the spec you want, you'll regret it otherwise...

Doesn't have Burmester - that has silver grilles and you can see the one above the driver's door handle is black.

Not a big deal anyway as they still use the same old speakers that were in the HK system previously - Burmester just did the tuning where their name is used.

If it were me, I’d be looking for Distronic Cruise Control that comes in the Driving Assistance pack and also Intelligent Lighting system.

Looks nice and the price is good but, and there's always a but, has it got the premium package? To me this was essential when I bought mine, looking at the photos I can't tell if it has the Burmeister sound system, or even a panoramic sun roof (I'm on a small screen lappy at the moment though, so could be mistaken).

It's not got the switchable exhaust though, which is a nice feature to have.

I'd keep looking around a bit longer till you can find one in the spec you want, you'll regret it otherwise...
Cheers Dave,
Its a pretty basic spec TBH and as you say I'll keep looking around - No Burmester, pano roof, Not even sure its affordable yet as although I don't have any O/S finance on the CLS, I took out a personal loan to cover off some of the purchase cost - I'll keep looking

Doesn't have Burmester - that has silver grilles and you can see the one above the driver's door handle is black.

Not a big deal anyway as they still use the same old speakers that were in the HK system previously - Burmester just did the tuning where their name is used.
Yep correct - No Burmester, in fact lots of options not added, hence the low price!

One other thing guys - I am lead to believe that there is a 1k running in period and service for this car? Is that correct and if so what's done in the service?

At 1,850 miles the rear diff should have an oil change.

Some dealerships will do this free of charge (all should apparently), others will charge for it. Mine wanted £150 so I did it myself.

That's all it needs till the 1st service. The running in period is correct though at around 1,000 miles.

Thanks, Dave good to know and I can't blame you for doing it yourself!!!
Well, I am test driving one tomorrow at MB Tonbridge. Not sure what the spec is but suffice to say i will be even more drawn to this car, god help me!! LOL

Nice choice to have Louie and good luck with the search. Take your time and get the one you really want, like your CLS63. I’d be interested to know what you’ll be offered in px on the CLS.

This weather always gets me looking at 4wd, but mainly RS6’s, S8’s and Conti GT’s due to price, all are turbo upgradeable so you never know, but when the weather is good I love the CLS!

Nice choice to have Louie and good luck with the search. Take your time and get the one you really want, like your CLS63. I’d be interested to know what you’ll be offered in px on the CLS.

This weather always gets me looking at 4wd, but mainly RS6’s, S8’s and Conti GT’s due to price, all are turbo upgradeable so you never know, but when the weather is good I love the CLS!

Cheers Jules
It’s a bit of pipe dream TBH. To much watching YouTube reviews has gotten me a tad fixated..LOL
Very Different car to the CLS, but still does everything the CLS does and much much more!! Still not sure financially if it’s doable, but I’ll crunch numbers tomorrow and post back once I get a figure for the CLS Value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks nice but I'd be wary of any vendor who quotes a car's 0 - 60 time in the advert heading and begins his description with "AWESOME".

It looks nice but I'd be wary of any vendor who quotes a car's 0 - 60 time in the advert heading and begins his description with "AWESOME".

Sacked that one. Told me it was one previous owner, but failed to mention it was originally an MB demo car as well!!! Twunt!! [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep correct - No Burmester, in fact lots of options not added, hence the low price!

Although I bought my only AMG with bugger all options.

The noise and performance are intoxicating and I never gave them a second thought.

I do understand wanting them on the car like this as well though.

Absolutely lovely cars the new e63's. My only concern over the ownership of the new e63 cars is the steering full lock issue when reversing or driving forward....something they all do apparently. Apart from that they are formidable weapons :) Great choice

BEING MARKET LEADERS WE PRIDE OURSELVES TO BE THE ONE OF THE FIRST TO INTRODUCE THE ALL NEW E63 S AMG THIS CAR IS ALL ABOUT SUNDAY MORNINGS WHEN YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE WITH ITCHY PALMS, A DRY MOUTH AND A THUMPING HEART,READY TO REEL IN THAT FAVOURITE STRETCH OF COUNTRY ROAD, IN THAT MOOD YOU FIND WAITING IN YOUR GARAGE A DIAMOND WHITE E63 AMG S AND BOY DOES THE MERC LOOK THE BUSINESS, THE AMG DESIGNERS LOVE A TOUCH OF BLING AND THE E63S DELIVERS, NOW FOR THE NOISE, IT'S RUMBLE IS MORE LIKE THE DEEP, GROUND SHAKING BURBLE OF A BATTLE TANK THAN ANY 4 DOOR LUXURY SALOON, AND THATS WHILE IT'S STILL SITTING AT IDLE, AT FULL THROTTLE IT'S HARD TO THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE THATS BETTER, IN TERMS OF PERCEIVED QUALITY, THE M5 LAGS BEHIND, NOW FOR THE SPEC CAR WAS OVER £100K LIST PRICE AND IS BEING OFFERED IMMEDIATELY FOR £64K ABSOLUTE STEAL....

I think I prefer the first advert with the 0-60 time being quoted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom