turbo technics kit for older 6cyl engines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W210 Fan

MB Enthusiast
Car
W140 S500L W208 430
I wish it would fit my V8, I thought about a custom manifold but I get in enough trouble as it is

If my Diesel had been left hand drive, it would have had a turbo. Unfortunately, the turbo on the left hand drive cars was fitted in the same position as the steering box on right hand drive cars.

So Mercedes had a choice. They could fit the car with the turbo, or the steering box, but not both. The steering box won.

On balance, that was probably the right decision. But if the decision had gone the other way, the car would have been *a lot faster* in a straight line. :rolleyes:

If my Diesel had been left hand drive, it would have had a turbo. Unfortunately, the turbo on the left hand drive cars was fitted in the same position as the steering box on right hand drive cars.

So Mercedes had a choice. They could fit the car with the turbo, or the steering box, but not both. The steering box won.

On balance, that was probably the right decision. But if the decision had gone the other way, the car would have been *a lot faster* in a straight line. :rolleyes:

I didnt know that, I was going to buy a 300D but I now I know that its all different, thankyou very much, I could have wasted loads of money!!!

Anyone know if you could fit it on a c36?

I was thinking that with a bit of work it could be modified to fit a 300-24, maybe...:)

I cant see why it cant fit most engines, the kit is designed for the 6cyl but its only a manafold which is an easy bit of welding if you know how, im sure if you brought it, went to Turbo techniques or another turbo type shop and told them to fit it and get it working they will,

I didnt know that, I was going to buy a 300D but I now I know that its all different, thankyou very much, I could have wasted loads of money!!!

Like all W124 "facelift" E300 Diesels, mine has the Multivalve engine (4 valves per cylinder) which offers 136 bhp, so it isn't slow. And it was in no way a waste of money, as it is probably the best long distance touring saloon I have ever owned.

Previously I has an Audi A6 2.6 V6 petrol, and I find the E300 Diesel a far more relaxed cruiser. It would be even better with a turbo, that's all.

I cant see why it cant fit most engines, the kit is designed for the 6cyl but its only a manafold which is an easy bit of welding if you know how, im sure if you brought it, went to Turbo techniques or another turbo type shop and told them to fit it and get it working they will,

it's the ECU bit that is going to get expensive for later engines.

Sadly, with modern engines it's no longer just a case of bolting a few bits on

andy

Like all W124 "facelift" E300 Diesels, mine has the Multivalve engine (4 valves per cylinder) which offers 136 bhp, so it isn't slow. And it was in no way a waste of money, as it is probably the best long distance touring saloon I have ever owned.

Previously I has an Audi A6 2.6 V6 petrol, and I find the E300 Diesel a far more relaxed cruiser. It would be even better with a turbo, that's all.

Sorry, I wasnt saying the 300 was a waste of money, its just I thought they had turbos so I would have wasted my money if I brought one

If anyone's interested in a brand new twin turbo kit for any M103 or M104 for less money than the e-bay one PM me ;)
The 3.6 is the only engine that can't be twin turboed without major work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom