Twiddly thing in glovebox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Signum !!! I had completely forgotten those things ! :p
Yes, really good concept - and had lots of toys like the fridge setup and reclining rear seats etc. The handling was pretty boat like but the 2.2 engine was just so flat and characterless. I did try the V6 and probably should have gone for that one to be honest.

Yes, really good concept - and had lots of toys like the fridge setup and reclining rear seats etc. The handling was pretty boat like but the 2.2 engine was just so flat and characterless. I did try the V6 and probably should have gone for that one to be honest.
Had the same 2.2 That I had in one of my Omega's, Dire lump that was, had no place in such a car.

Had the same 2.2 That I had in one of my Omega's, Dire lump that was, had no place in such a car.
I drove Vauxhall's off the ferry from Spain in the docks near me. Omega being one of them ,the badge did disappoint 😭 compared with the 1 litre corsas .

I drove Vauxhall's off the ferry from Spain in the docks near me. Omega being one of them ,the V6 badge did disappoint 😭
My favourite was my Elite with the straight 6 BMW diesel engine , I also had a V6 Elite (all 3 were estates) the CDX with the 2.2 was the worst. Omegas , massively underrated cars.

We had better stop , this is an MB forum :p

The 2.2 in the Omega was the crappy rough izuzu engine. Whilst the 2.2 in the Vectra B was the peppy Alfa engine and so much better. Unfortunately in the Vectra C and Signum they cocked about with it to get it below 200 carbons and ruined it !!!!

The 2.2 in the Omega was the crappy rough izuzu engine.

That 2.2 was also used in some Isuzus but it was originally a Holden engine. I had a Sintra (Vauxhall's long-forgotten full size MPV) with it, and thought it was OK. I test drove the 3.0 V6 version as well but it didn't seem a significant step up so bought the 2.2. Had mine for 5 years without any problems, but it did really badly in a J.D. Power survey (remember those?) and IIRC was only sold for 3 or 4 years (longer than the MB X-Class pickup though ...).

Sintra.jpg

That 2.2 was also used in some Isuzus but it was originally a Holden engine. I had a Sintra (Vauxhall's long-forgotten full size MPV) with it, and thought it was OK. I test drove the 3.0 V6 version as well but it didn't seem a significant step up so bought the 2.2. Had mine for 5 years without any problems, but it did really badly in a J.D. Power survey (remember those?) and IIRC was only sold for 3 or 4 years (longer than the MB X-Class pickup though ...).

View attachment 140033

Ya. Iirc the belt driven izuzu (Holden) engine was designed for rwd and mounted longitudinal whilst the better Alfa chain driven engine was designed for fwd and mounted sideways whatever its called. I loved that engine in the Vectra B and Astra Coupé (I had 4 in total) good enough for the vx220 good enough for me. I was going to go down the Courtenay supercharged route on one but bailed at the last minute.

Had the 2.2 other engine in a omega, absolutely hated it and sold the car after a week. The V6 although only 15 bhp more than the 2.2 just suited the wafty nature of the omega so more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom