Tyre cupping.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C320

Car
W205 (220d), W213 (350d), and W177 (250e)
Gave her a wash today and noticed the O/S/R tyre has some slight waves to it in a few places. These are in the central area of the tyre and not the edge.

The tyres have only done around 6k miles. 7.5mm tread all round. Road X U1. Standard fit with an Arnold Clark purchase.

Relaxed motoring style. Mainly motorway miles during the night so not braking hard for traffic or too much stop/start on these.

The current mileage is 43k miles.
No suspension creaks, clunks, or any untoward noises.
Steering seems fine and precise as always.

Are bushes a common point of failure on these W205’s? Wonder what else it could be.

Plan is to get up on a ramp soon.
Cheers.

Worn shockers or wheel out of balance could be the cause. Bad wheel balance at the rear doesn't show up like the front would with a steering shimmy.

Last edited:
Worn shockers or wheel out of balance could be the cause. Bad wheel balance at the rear doesn't show up like the front would with a steering shimmy.
On the money. I went out to have a look with a torch. I spot a bit of a leak. Easier to spot with a dry car. Next order. Find the shock and a reputable outfit in Hampshire. Thanks again.

Never seen this in 100k’s of driving. My shocks have always lasted more than 80k miles. Wonder if it’s a known issue. Seems premature on a late 2019.

Excellent. Fit them as a pair. I use Autodoc for most of my parts. delivery times are not that bad, if you catch the discount offers you can save a few quid but do use quality stuff and avoid cheap lesser know brands 👍

We are off today until the 2nd, JIC you try and call/email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom