Update on my w202 C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cini22Benz

Car
W202 C43 AMG
I have owned this baby for over 2 years now and added 6k miles to it. Apart from the CV shaft snapping I never really had any issues with it and it's been a joy to drive 😁

Here is what I have done to it since I got it:

Changed rear right drive shaft
•New spare key
•New boot triangle
•Added toolkit from previous car
•Replaced grill frame with cleaner one

•New original AMG valve caps
•4 New hub caps
•4 new door seals
•New headlight seals
•New bleader pipe clip
•New rear left interior sill cover

•Fixed glovebox light
•LED headlight bulbs

•Fixed passenger side mirror(spring was snapped off)

•Fixed AC Compressor Leak
•Changed Cabin filter

•Tightened exhaust because of leak
•Replaced cupholder box

Late September 2021 service:
•Oil change
•Coolant change
•Topcover gaskets
•Oil & Fuel filter
•K&N Air filter

Gearbox serviced at 122k miles
7th april 2022
•Changed gear oil
•New filter
•New Conductor Plug
•New Seals
•New sump Bolts

17th June 2022
Left CV Shaft Snapped

22nd July 2022
•Replacement Left CV Shaft
•New Front Tie Rod Febi Bilstein

23rd July 2022
• Front Toe in

13th Aug 2022
•New battery

1st Sep 2022
•New oil filter housing seal
•New oil cooler seals
•New rear wishbones
•New rear ball joints

3rd Sep 2022
• Wheel Alignment

27th Sep 2022
•New Handbrake pedal Spring

I also bought a spare diff with 60k kms as the one on it shows signs of future failure

This year the plan is to address the rust issues and refurbish all 4 wheel arches and the rear boot tray right below the battery
otherwise it's a fairly clean car

I also plan to change all 4 discs, brake sensors, back plates, shocks and lower it on H&R springs

I have a long way to go but I plan on making it look and feel new like the day it left the factory.
I can't imagine myself ever letting it go as it was my dream for a long time to own of these babies in black 😁

Here are some picture of it last Saturday at a car meet in Bugibba, Malta

received_736190914548868.jpeg
received_898875121166362.jpegreceived_126051366927195.jpegreceived_751825869661202.jpegreceived_965419934839045.jpegreceived_168751602241458.jpegreceived_152783504345386.jpegreceived_1274927826438678.jpegreceived_556405799652584.jpegreceived_889277662303156.jpegreceived_900465931072114.jpegreceived_1579679399177946.jpegreceived_878950313329255.jpegreceived_178807644921698.jpegreceived_229077792909616.jpeg

Such a lovely car, understand why you never want to part with it. ;)
Never sell it!

Who said it's cheap to maintain an AMG? :eek:

If you buy new brake pads I recommend Portersfield R4S street pads.
Compound made of carbon - kevlar.
I put front pads on my car back in 2005 and still have them on.
Almost half the friction braking material is still left on my pads, these are very rotor friendly pads compared to factory Jurid pads which will eat your brake discs.
I hardly have any lip on outer edge on my front brake discs with Portersfiled pads.
Comes with minimum lightweight dust.

The Porterfield sport pads are a bit pricey but worth the money!
They are manufactured in the USA.

By the way.
Your boot panel gaps.
Passengers side show very tight panel gap where the drivers side has a wider panel gap.
Did your boot hinge snap on one side why it's tight on passengers side and wider on drivers side?
Bracket snaps and boot spring will come off from massive stress (opening and closing boot), the boot could fall down on your head injuring you!!
Be careful with this when you open the boot.

This is a problem on W202 with broken boot brackets.
MB made repair bolt kits.

If you drop your car, I recommend Vogtland #952079 lowering springs match them with 4 Koni adjustable shocks.
#1 spring pad in front and #3 spring pad rear.
My car drives like a gocart! 👍:)

Such a lovely car, understand why you never want to part with it. ;)
Never sell it!

Who said it's cheap to maintain an AMG? :eek:

If you buy new brake pads I recommend Portersfield R4S street pads.
Compound made of carbon - kevlar.
I put front pads on my car back in 2005 and still have them on.
Almost half the friction braking material is still left on my pads, these are very rotor friendly pads compared to factory Jurid pads which will eat your brake discs.
I hardly have any lip on outer edge on my front brake discs with Portersfiled pads.
Comes with minimum lightweight dust.

The Porterfield sport pads are a bit pricey but worth the money!
They are manufactured in the USA.

By the way.
Your boot panel gaps.
Passengers side show very tight panel gap where the drivers side has a wider panel gap.
Did your boot hinge snap on one side why it's tight on passengers side and wider on drivers side?
Bracket snaps and boot spring will come off from massive stress (opening and closing boot), the boot could fall down on your head injuring you!!
Be careful with this when you open the boot.

This is a problem on W202 with broken boot brackets.
MB made repair bolt kits.

If you drop your car, I recommend Vogtland #952079 lowering springs match them with 4 Koni adjustable shocks.
#1 spring pad in front and #3 spring pad rear.
My car drives like a gocart! 👍:)

The boot springs which open the trunk did snap but other than that I think it just needs a setting at the hinges. I've never heard of the actual hinges snapping, does it happen often?

How does it ride? I was told that having Bilstein shocks with H&R springs was a good combination to not have too much of a bumpy ride.

If you take a flashlight and look through the insulation in boot where the boot arm goes inside the lining, you will see there is brackets sticking out on both sides of boot arms.
These brackets has pre-drilled holes where you attach boot springs and adjust tension for boot to fully open or not?
The bracket weith pre-drilled holes will snap !!
First only one side of the brackets snaps and spring will come off with a bang.

It will take some time when the other bracket snaps and then you have a psychotic boot clipping your neck if you are not careful and the boot could drop and severly injure you??
If it's windy and heavily blow outside you should be cautious if wind drops the boot on your neck.
Always hold one hand on the boot for safety if you put cargo in the car with your other hand.

Mine snapped with three years apart from first bracket to second bracket.
I bought repair kit from MB which puts the broken parts right back to it's original place with repair bolts and larger sized washers.

The W202 design from factory was very poor, Audi had better and more modern design on their MY1999 cars.

Ride quality is very nice with adjustable Koni's, I drive on hardest settings which is from 0-3
HR springs sag overtime and many complaint about them.
Vogtland seem to be better.
If you have a lot of money buy all 4 sets, Koni+Vogtland and Bilstein + HR springs, then make a test which one you prefer.

If you take a flashlight and look through the insulation in boot where the boot arm goes inside the lining, you will see there is brackets sticking out on both sides of boot arms.
These brackets has pre-drilled holes where you attach boot springs and adjust tension for boot to fully open or not?
The bracket weith pre-drilled holes will snap !!
First only one side of the brackets snaps and spring will come off with a bang.

It will take some time when the other bracket snaps and then you have a psychotic boot clipping your neck if you are not careful and the boot could drop and severly injure you??
If it's windy and heavily blow outside you should be cautious if wind drops the boot on your neck.
Always hold one hand on the boot for safety if you put cargo in the car with your other hand.

Mine snapped with three years apart from first bracket to second bracket.
I bought repair kit from MB which puts the broken parts right back to it's original place with repair bolts and larger sized washers.

The W202 design from factory was very poor, Audi had better and more modern design on their MY1999 cars.

Ride quality is very nice with adjustable Koni's, I drive on hardest settings which is from 0-3
HR springs sag overtime and many complaint about them.
Vogtland seem to be better.
If you have a lot of money buy all 4 sets, Koni+Vogtland and Bilstein + HR springs, then make a test which one you prefer.
Thanks for the advice I never heard of this before.

I wish I could just by all 4 sets but that's out of the question 😂
I am kinda paranoid on what springs to put as here in Malta we have really bumpy roads 😑

You have bumpy roads and potholes everywhere.
Need to carefully pass over them not to slam dunk bottoming out the suspension.

HR springs ride very harsh so they say who had them on their cars, Vogtland's are more comfortable but still stiff enough.
Koni's are great and very affordable shocks.
Back then I bought 4 Koni's for the price of 1x genuine AMG/Bilstein shock at the dealer.
I will always replace old shocks with new Koni's.

Repair kit for broken boot LEFT - RIGHT side brackets is A202 758 0214

New boot springs:
A202 757 0029 without boot spoiler
A202 757 0129 for boot spoiler ????
You need to check before ordering new springs which ones fits your car?

You have bumpy roads and potholes everywhere.
Need to carefully pass over them not to slam dunk bottoming out the suspension.

HR springs ride very harsh so they say who had them on their cars, Vogtland's are more comfortable but still stiff enough.
Koni's are great and very affordable shocks.
Back then I bought 4 Koni's for the price of 1x genuine AMG/Bilstein shock at the dealer.
I will always replace old shocks with new Koni's.

Repair kit for broken boot LEFT - RIGHT side brackets is A202 758 0214

New boot springs:
A202 757 0029 without boot spoiler
A202 757 0129 for boot spoiler ????
You need to check before ordering new springs which ones fits your car?
Thanks for the part numbers

It's true it seems H&R are known for being the harshest, what do you think about eibach springs? from searching other forums they seem to be the softest do you know someone who has tried them?

Don't know anyone who had Eibach springs on the C43.
You don't want soft springs on a high powered car.

Go with Vogtland you won't be disappointed.
Vogtland is made in Germany, is a high quality manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom