Used car market

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My C Class, Premium Plus model with absolutely every option picked when new, was worth around £20,000 according to the Mercedes dealer around 18 months ago. At that time similiar, but lesser specced cars were advertised close to £30k. Now, the same cars are for sale around £15,000, I doubt Mercedes would even offer £10,000.

Same as my previous car that was recently stolen. Had a tough time trying to convince the insurance mine was worth more than the average for sale, purchased approved, huge spec, 9 speed box, full merc history etc etc

Just over the last 5 weeks they have dropped a couple of thousand, I find this always happens when they become too old for Mercedes approved used stock.

Same as my previous car that was recently stolen. Had a tough time trying to convince the insurance mine was worth more than the average for sale, purchased approved, huge spec, 9 speed box, full merc history etc etc

Just over the last 5 weeks they have dropped a couple of thousand, I find this always happens when they become too old for Mercedes approved used stock.
I think most cars across the board have softened in value over the last couple of months, not specific to a particular age even - mine is ten years old now and seems to have dropped a good chunk in online valuation since October - I don’t think Christmas helps! :)

I think most cars across the board have softened in value over the last couple of months, not specific to a particular age even - mine is ten years old now and seems to have dropped a good chunk in online valuation since October - I don’t think Christmas helps! :)
……A car isn’t just for Christmas…….

😁

……A car isn’t just for Christmas…….

😁
Absolutely.
I think it's disgusting the amount of cars bought for Christmas, only to find themselves back on car lots in the New Year;
"I didn't realise it would be so big"
"I didn't know we'd have to exercise it"
"It costs too much to run"
"It won't do what I want it to do"
Disgraceful.......:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom