V power nitro +, how good is this stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BAZ-500SL

Car
500sl
Ello Ello, right as above this fancy v power nitro +, how good is it and are any if you guys in here using it and experiencing the difference, be nice to know maybe I'm missing out lol

I have only bought this for my car since owning it. It isn't that much more expensive, and I figure it must have some advantage.......To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have a clue what actual difference it makes, as I've never used anything else.

Only use it on the CL, unless I'm stumped then it will be BP Ultimate/Tesco 99 or regular if struggling up North.

Tried the diesel version on my Navara and it really did make a noticeable difference. Pulled harder in 5th, engine seemed quieter etc. Go through a tank a day though so just sticking to the regular stuff on that.

The only stuff that goes near the 55. Who knows what difference it makes.

What I know is that it has nothing with Nitrogen chemical*element with symbol N and atomic number 7, but it has some fancy molecules added to regular isooctane which makes our engines clean. These additives dissolve deposits which may occur in injectors and lubricates moving parts of pumps and valves. Because of this our engines run smoother and power is instantaneous.

I was thinking of trying it out I been using the usual unleaded and like it's been said it ain't to expensive, down my way the usual unleaded is 109.9 and this v power nitro + , is 117.9, keeping In mind last year I was paying 139.(something) for normal unleaded, but I been told it's the one to use for performance cars or and is it wise to be used in the normal car ( 1.6/1.8 normal daily runabouts ) nothing super duper

Tried the diesel version on my Navara and it really did make a noticeable difference. Pulled harder in 5th, engine seemed quieter etc.

Why would it pull harder in fifth and not just pull harder?

And what exactly is 'noticeable?' - 0.1%? 0.5%? 1%? 2%? 3%? .....

If it's a noticeable difference why does is it that it only 'seemed' quieter. Surely if it was so noticeable it *was* actually quieter?

:dk:

I was thinking of trying it out I been using the usual unleaded and like it's been said it ain't to expensive, down my way the usual unleaded is 109.9 and this v power nitro + , is 117.9, keeping In mind last year I was paying 139.(something) for normal unleaded, but I been told it's the one to use for performance cars or and is it wise to be used in the normal car ( 1.6/1.8 normal daily runabouts ) nothing super duper

It makes a lot of sense using it in daily short runs. Engine will be clean and let's say like this, your 1.6 engine produces 100bhp, so 1bhp (1% power improvement) is I would say something you can register. 5.0 produces 305bhp and can get improved for 3bhp. You can't register +3bhp on 305bhp engine.
Edit: With small engines every little helps ;)

Last edited:
The extra few hundred pounds it will cost over the year is worth spending in my view. You will get slightly better MPG and your car will run slightly better and the engine should last longer and have less maintenance issues over its life.
You cannot really prove this however the fact that the octane rating is higher should be sufficient proof.

The extra few hundred pounds it will cost over the year is worth spending in my view. You will get slightly better MPG and your car will run slightly better and the engine should last longer and have less maintenance issues over its life.

It's all wonderful stuff ......

You cannot really prove this however the fact that the octane rating is higher should be sufficient proof.
...... except maybe it isn't.

Well that's clear then.

And even the bigger RON number doesn't guarantee any benefits as that's deopendent on the behaviour of your engine management gubbins.

So ............

That's not really sufficient proof of anything.

:fail

I have only bought this for my car since owning it. It isn't that much more expensive, and I figure it must have some advantage.......To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have a clue what actual difference it makes, as I've never used anything else.

So let's get this straight.

• You're saying you have no basis for comparison.
  • It costs a bit more
  • It must have some advantage
  • But who knows whether it makes a difference
Well thanks for the honest and forthright assessment of its tangible value and capabilities.

Snake oil salesman 1 / optimistic honest hopeful punter NIL

:fail

Engine will be clean and let's say like this, your 1.6 engine produces 100bhp, so 1bhp (1% power improvement) is I would say something you can register.

Registering a 1% improvement.

As if.

And of course 'your engine will be clean'. Well read the blurb - they don't tend to say your engine will be clean - what they usually say is that it is designed to clean, or that it is 25% better at cleaning than previous snake oil they were selling you.

I don't think they actually claim your engine will be clean. They merely imply that it might or should be cleaner.

Think of it like wrinkle cream. They won't actually say it stops wrinkles - they'll tell you it reduces the signs of aging. (Which makes people think it rmoves wrinkles).

Dryce put some diesel in your car and move on.

The best you can find as always

The most expensive

So just to clarify how exactly does that selection strategy ensure that it is tangibly better than any other option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom