Very seriously thinking of buying a 2012 SLK 55amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smart320

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Toyota RAV4 3dr , SLK55amg, ML320 (2 ) A210 , E320 ( all gone )
Am almost decided to go and look at a very low mileage 2012 SLK 55 AMG , have always been wanting a nice V8 but no longer need a big car. Miss our Smart Convertible so need a replacement. This will be a keeper as am wrong side of 70 so planning to keep it as long as am able to drive it safely ! At the moment still planning to keep the newly acquired A210 assuming I can find dry garage space for it. Am I crazy ? Anyone running one of these SLK's ?

I think E55BOF has one in his collection ;)

I think E55BOF has one in his collection ;)

That he does Gav, but it's the previous generation (IIRC its a R171).

OP, there is some lovely examples out there with nice colour combos! Go for it. :)

Excellent idea. Everyone should own a V8 Mercedes at least once in their lives before they become extinct.

Is that before they become extinct or the V8 does?

That he does Gav, but it's the previous generation (IIRC its a R171).

OP, there is some lovely examples out there with nice colour combos! Go for it. :)

looking at galenite silver with a cream Napa leather interior, that's what attracted me,

Reactions: Abb
Just need my wife to agree a quick 400 mile round trip , hopefully tomorrow but not sure how to bribe her

^ Just tell her you are popping out for a newspaper.
Maybe she won't miss you are gone:)

Problem is I bought my A210 without seeing it and when she got in it she found the passenger seat very uncomfortable due to a leg injury she has. I promised that if I bought another car I would take her along to try it! Mind you if she came along and said the passenger seat not acceptable am not sure what I would do as I expect if I get to test drive the SLK I will not be able to resist it. I test drove an XJR in 2000 and only got 500 yds down the road before I decided I must have it , suspect the same is likely to happen

... Chris, pop some ibuprofen into your wife's coffee in the morning and she'll find the AMG's seats very very comfortable. You've got to have a V8.
Carpe Diem!!
You know it makes sense! ;)

Am almost decided to go and look at a very low mileage 2012 SLK 55 AMG , have always been wanting a nice V8 but no longer need a big car. Miss our Smart Convertible so need a replacement. This will be a keeper as am wrong side of 70 so planning to keep it as long as am able to drive it safely ! At the moment still planning to keep the newly acquired A210 assuming I can find dry garage space for it. Am I crazy ? Anyone running one of these SLK's ?

Buy it!

My wife has an R172 SLK55.

Unless there’s something seriously amiss with the car you’re looking at tomorrow, you’ll be smitten once you’ve driven it. They are an absolute hoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car has only 18 k on the clock and is at a MB dealers, top price but looks lovely, am sure it will be fantastic to drive

The R171 is a mad, stripped-out (by Mercedes standards) little hot rod. The R172 will I suspect be the same, but even more so...

If you're tall (6 ft or over) or broad (46 in. chest), you may find it quite snug, and you'll only find out if it's properly comfortable on the 200-mile trip home. I wouldn't want to do 200 miles in my R171 unless I really had to, but it's OK for ninety minutes, so it's not too bad.

Luckily I am about 5'9 and my wife 5'2 , both fairly slim , so doubt we will be too snug. Looks to have all the bells and whistles compared with our two existing cars

If you find it too tight or harsh ride (as I did) or wifey vetos it try an SL V8, much wider and smoother ride, a little more gentrified but still packing a punch for fun. The R231 is cheap to run as well.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

... Safe trip Chris and if you buy it - pictures please. An awesome looking car is that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom