Vito ICE, what to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr. H

Car
Vito 115
Hey,
I have a Vito and need to upgrade the speakers and head unit, what's good to get and where to put it as space in the doors is limited...

Are we talking 639?

If so you can get 165 in the doors with some work.
I have Hertz components and they sound very good.
What head unit is fitted?

Yep it's a 639 , only had it a week so starting fresh!! I need to get a head unit but not sure whether it has to be double DIN or not, can't even see how you get the original one out! :/
I have some Focal 6.5" coaxials from my old van that it would be nice to use if possible in the doors. Also in the process of building a bulkhead and though a set of 6x9 would fit in somewhere too....

Cheers

It has space for double din, what is fitted?
What year is it?

Focals will go in the doors but you have to make adapter rings, the MB ones fitted are cheap plastic things that are part of the speaker, I used 9mm birch ply rings the same shape as the MB plastic and used the same fixing holes then used 18mm mdf ring to shim them out enough to fit and fixed that to the birch ply, makes a nice neat solid job.

Awesome, thanks! It has standard set up all round at the moment. Head unit has a little cubby hole under it and seems to be attached....?
Will get the doors apart tomorrow and look at getting some rings made up.
Did you do anything for sound deadening behind the speaker?

It is on 55 reg plate. Standard head unit is CD player with radio. Speakers are present but shot to bits by the sound of them

Ok 55 plate then it will have audio 10.
Double din will fit, depends what you are looking for.
I would find a nice Becker grand prix and have bluetooth and a very good tuner in one unit, there hard to find and not cheap, look on ebay.de for one.
The radio comes out easy enough, the trim surround clips out, 2 clips each side, get a body filler card in the gap and it will come out, then you will see the torx screws.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Becker-Grand..._Autoradios&hash=item19d230d8ad#ht_500wt_1204

Last edited:
That's great, thanks very much. Will do some searching but will go for a regular single DIN unit and keep the cubby if the double is to pricey. I'll take a better look tomorrow and see what's what :)

Just remember the audio 10 is a very good unit anyway so need to spend a few ££ to better.

No chance to look today, the Vito has gone back to the garage with a knackerd steering rack :(
Get it back Friday hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom