W202 C200 Esprit for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dimension_fm

hi,
Its come to the time to sell the merc as i will be buying a house soon so the extra money will come in handy.

!997 C200 Esprit (manual)
its Taxed and Mot'd with 90k on the clock, it runs perfect and has no rust or dents, its fitted with new 18" rims and a spoiler but otherwise is standard.
the interior is in vgc, the car still has warranty to run until about november.
it drives very well and i will be sad to see it go so for more info then please email or PM me (im based in the West midlands).

£5600

regards
Simon

Attachments

• MERCAPR04STEREO__10_.JPG
    MERCAPR04STEREO__10_.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 48
  • MERCMARCH04__1_.JPG
    MERCMARCH04__1_.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 39
  • MERCAPR04STEREO__9_.JPG
    MERCAPR04STEREO__9_.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Hi all, im going to start selling this car properly now and wondered what you think it might be worth, its in imaculate condition bar the odd stone chip, its been lowered but has not problems ith 5 people in the car, interior is in vey good condition and there are no problems with it at all, im willing to have it inspected by a MB dealer and would put 12 months ticket on it.
I have put it in the trader this week but there seems to be a lot cheaper (but they dont really seem as good as this one) its also fitted with a brandnew CD/MP3 player and 122 alpine sub (also new) - I wasnt going to let that go but woud if i got close to the asking price.

What do you think is a realistic price for it??? am i asking to much and are there better places to advertise it?

Looks Pricey as below is the Parker Guide Price. :confused:

Parker

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Saloon
C200 Esprit 4d 1997/P
Average mileage: 70,000 miles
Cost New ('97)
£ 21575
Dealer Retail
£ 4385
Private Good
£ 3945
Private Poor
£ 2620
Part Exchange
£ 3195

have reduced the price to £4900 and i dont rate parkers with some cars, i havent seen a nice C class go for that sort of money and mine is in very good condition with some nice extra's that set it off a little bit more.

Manuals always sell for less than auto's too, £500 less in most cases but being a Merc it needs to be auto to sell for top price.

Nearer £4000 top money in perfect condition without being lowered.

as you see it above is how lowered it is, you wouldnt even know unless you parked it next to one fitted with the same wheels thats standard, it never catches with 5 people in it so its just for cosmetic looks.
i know what you are saying about manuals but im not really an auto fan, it just means the above car is slightly harder to sell as the right person has to want it.

the audio is unlikely to add anything to the value - you might want to think about taking it out - putting the original back in and selling that seperately - unless it's going to leave a mess in the car of course :(

pammy said:
the audio is unlikely to add anything to the value - you might want to think about taking it out - putting the original back in and selling that seperately - unless it's going to leave a mess in the car of course :(

i was very carefull when fitting that there are only 4 small screw holds for the amp under the shelf so it can all come out if people didnt want it, the head unit would stay in tho as its far better than the original.

dimension_fm said:
have reduced the price to £4900 and i dont rate parkers with some cars, i havent seen a nice C class go for that sort of money and mine is in very good condition with some nice extra's that set it off a little bit more.

I sold a 97 P reg 180 Elegance 18 Months ago 90k miles after been offered £2500 :eek: from the Dealer I sold it Privately for £3750.
It was in Excellent Condition......there are a lot of c180 manuals around.

Good Luck
Joe

got to agree you are a little high on the price.

Lowering (no matter how little) will scare some buyers off, same applies to any mods including 18" rims - you are making the car appeal to a narrower audience

manual gearboxes are less popular than autos

used car prices always fall at this time of year

I don't think that colour is one of the most popular either.

I reckon that if you drop the price by at least £1000 you should get a lot more interest, at the moment you are asking what it is worth to you not a potential buyer :)

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom