w202 c200k several issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

golftrojka

Week ago, I bought my first MB. It is w202 c200 kompressor, for Italian market, year 1996 with 192HP, manual, esprit

I don't like damaged / repaired cars, but this one was a very good deal (or I think so)

Right now, I have several issues with the car, mostly related to "bad repair for fast resell":
- SRS light is ON, turn out for less then second when starting car
- airbag part of steering wheel is not centered precisely (could this be a reason for a light??)
- can't have car nicely warmed, warming works only on HI settings /it has an automatic climate control with large display
- when engine is warm, while waiting on traffic lights sometimes it revs by itself from 1100 to 1700 then down/up - other times it is on 750-800 rpm. Is this "famous" MAF or something else?
-outside temperature is not shown, I've checked via VIN decoder and it is mentioned in optionals

Maybe I'm dumb, but there is no red oilpressure lamp, and steering wheel don't have height adjustment ????

Otherwise, car is going smoothly and has a lot of power

Looks like I have first version of faceliffted modele (instrument cluster has small +- on left and h/m on right), but the interior mirror is old style with large red/green lights

Best regards

I had a 1994 w202 C220 Sport before, no facelift ofcourse. This is what I can remember:

- When turning on the ignition all lights should light up (to show they are working I guess), then they should go out again. The SRS light always lights up longer and is the last to go out (when all airbags are tested ok I think).

- Airbag part of stearing wheel was properly centered. Maybe yours has been badly (re-)fitted.

- About the revs. Mine did it also, especially on hot days in trafic jams. I have absolutely no idea why, but I have always believed this was to increase speed of the engine fan so more air is blown through the radiator for better cooling.

- outside temp was indeed shown in lower part of left dial. I must also mention this was the first LCD display of which the backlight broke down (after about 8 years or so). The temp sensor was located somewhere on the left in the front bumper if I remember correctly. Maybe yours is gone or not connected.

Hopefully someone with more expertise can give more info on your issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom